This year's guy to get rid of!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This year's guy to get rid of!!

scotgif

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It seems like every year lately, the fans have kind of picked their own top guy that they don't want on the team any more.
Two years ago it seemed to be Tim Ruddy.
Everyone and their brother would say to get him out of town. Then he had a good year when surrounded by some good players.
So, the heat was kinda off him last year.
We saw the results.
He seems to be at the top of a lot of people's list this year as well.
The Olin Kreutz courtship only served to stir up those dump Ruddy feelings once again.
But it seems that this year's new "get rid of guy"is Jeff Ogden.
For a guy that is probably in the bottom 10 quality players on the team, he sure does get talked about a lot by fin fans.
I for one, think they do need to get rid of him.
Who else can you think of through the years that could be called
a"get rid of guy"?

Much as it pains me (as a JJ) to say so...

...JJJ was the guy that had to go, and he's gone.

I'm darned pleased with the team as it stands. Yeah, I would have preferred Kreutz over Ruddy, but I like Ruddy and Marion (and maybe Cousin) better than just Kreutz, if you know what I mean.

Jeff

Originally posted by MarSly
Eventually Derrick Rodgers.
Rodgers or Ruddy are the 2 most overpaid Fins, but Perry was a bust so he gets the nod :evil:

J.J.Johnson will not be missed. Had to go! Im surprised we received even conditional compensation for him! Now he'll be Clevelands 'Got to get rid of guy'!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
J.J.Johnson will not be missed. Had to go! Im surprised we received even conditional compensation for him! Now he'll be Clevelands 'Got to get rid of guy'!
hopoefully not if we want that 7th rounder in 2003 ;)

Rodgers and Ruddy are getting paid what their market value is. They're not overpaid.

Everyone's on Perry's case this year. He's a decent G. He is a more than adequate backup.

I am glad we got rid of JJ and Heath Irwin, however.

Absolutely Blitz. Perry is a very good OG. He had a lot going on in his life last year. Not only was he injured, but his mother is battling cancer. I posted a link in one of the other threads somewhere.

the release of all three of these would sastisfy me

Jeff Ogden-fumbler-Gone
Scott Gaylon-overpaid-Gone
J.J.Johnson-Bad apple-Gone

J. Ogden.........fumbles aside.........I still have that picture in my head of him fair catching a ball with the nearist defender 20 yds away! :yell:

I was also really sick of Lo Bro and his 15 yard penalties as well :fire:

Back
Top Bottom