This year's Wonderlic scores (as well as other combine results) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This year's Wonderlic scores (as well as other combine results)

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I posted this in the "Philip Rivers to Miami" thread, but thought that many people may not have seen it.

Here's the link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/combine.php?&sortorder=test&order=DESC

Alex Smith scored a 40 out of a possible 50. That's pretty high. Also (just FYI), they get only 12 minutes to take the test. I honestly do not know what it entails, but it's comparative to an IQ test.

Thought it would be interesting since it's so close to draft day.

colmax said:
I posted this in the "Philip Rivers to Miami" thread, but thought that many people may not have seen it.

Here's the link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/combine.php?&sortorder=test&order=DESC

Alex Smith scored a 40 out of a possible 50. That's pretty high. Also (just FYI), they get only 12 minutes to take the test. I honestly do not know what it entails, but it's comparative to an IQ test.

Thought it would be interesting since it's so close to draft day.
cool thanx

Damn I didnt know abot that C from Texas A&M, 47 its amazing, Im starting his bandwagon, we could use someone who could actually make reads and assign blizes properly.

This maybe wrong, since I had heard a 1000 times that Fitzpatrick had a 50 in the Wonderlic, actually the Wonderlic results are not published to the media by any official sources, they are just leaked by some scouts, though they always vary from a source to another.

Joey 22 This maybe wrong, since I had heard a 1000 times that Fitzpatrick had a 50 in the Wonderlic, actually the Wonderlic results are not published to the media by any official sources, they are just leaked by some scouts, though they always vary from a source to another.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I thought that the scores, as well as the combine results, were open to the public. Interesting to know, nonetheless....

From article, "Given the complexity of modern offenses, teams are looking for quarterbacks with the mental capacity to process and handle large amounts of information in an effective way," Steinberg says.

Sometimes, when quarterbacks drop in the draft and no one wants to give a valid explanation, intelligence concerns are responsible. What good is a talented quarterback who can't learn the offense, or who can't think on his feet? One of the reasons some teams may have backed off Dan Marino in 1983--he wasn't drafted until the 27th pick in the first round, after five other quarterbacks had been selected--was a low Wonderlic score. But in his case, the test result was very misleading as Marino quickly learned the Dolphins offense and proved to be plenty bright."

Good Article on Wonderlic and NFL QB's....

Does anyone remember what Marino got? I heard he got a 14 or something...

:lol:

Did you guys see David Bass ran a 20 yard dash almost as fast as a corner. :eek:

And he scored a 37 on the wonderlic..

Joey 22 said:
This maybe wrong, since I had heard a 1000 times that Fitzpatrick had a 50 in the Wonderlic, actually the Wonderlic results are not published to the media by any official sources, they are just leaked by some scouts, though they always vary from a source to another.
I've seen the official results, though you may not choose to believe that, which doesn't matter to me one way or the other, however Fitzpatrick scored a 38.

The U of Miami guys crack me up.

After Vernon Careys 12 from last year.....

Roscoe Parrish comes out with a 10 :eek:

Gore scored a 6, but he has a learning disability so he gets a pass.

MrClean said:
I've seen the official results, though you may not choose to believe that, which doesn't matter to me one way or the other, however Fitzpatrick scored a 38.

I cant beleive blindly on someone who I dont know from who or how got the information, If you dont mind sharing that information, and wether or not want to share that, I still would like to know if you think that this wonderlics are legit (the ones on the site).

HVACservice said:
The U of Miami guys crack me up.

After Vernon Careys 12 from last year.....

Roscoe Parrish comes out with a 10 :eek:

Gore scored a 6, but he has a learning disability so he gets a pass.
Yeah its not good when they have 2-3 guys on the bottom of the list every draft :lol:

Looks like the highest score a RB scored was 23 by Eric Shelton and Ronnie Brown.

Wouldnt surprise me if Saban took a shot on Shelton in the 3rd or 4th.

Back
Top Bottom