Thomas....Bush....What are you thinking Sherman??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas....Bush....What are you thinking Sherman???

Reaction score
We all know Bush is best in space and is not the best at pass protection. Sherman needs to understand this and put Bush split out in a slot on the left, Bess in a slot on the right, and Hartline and Gaffney outside on their respected sides. Put Thomas back next to Tannehill. You can throw, screen, run, check down to Thomas, he can stay in to pass protect. Someone has to be matched up on a linebacker...there is your mismatch. Stop putting Thomas or Bush in one at a time. We need to utilize Reggie's good hands (like the saints did) and not pull him every time Thomas comes in. USE THEM BOTH IN THE SAME FORMATION!

I agree, the one thing that they have to stop doing is putting Bush in the backfield. Bush runs backwards too much and is killing our running game. I wish Philbin would just bench Bush or make him a WR. He is a terrible RB.

OL was horrible yesterday. Not many running lanes.

Indy played up for this one for Pagano. Refs calling Pouncey twice for bouncey butt, which I dont think this crew knew what Pouncey was doing like always.

Bush needed to be in more. He was the guy making plays when needed. I dont get the 50/50 deal. Thomas is a decent bigger back, which we need, but Bush is the playmaker. He should be in their more when a big play is needed at the end.

For the life of me, I can't figure out that slow-as-molasses inside handoff from the shotgun that we tried a few times. We had some success running Bush wide behind a pulling OL, and I don't know why we didn't stick with that.

We all know Bush is best in space and is not the best at pass protection. Sherman needs to understand this and put Bush split out in a slot on the left, Bess in a slot on the right, and Hartline and Gaffney outside on their respected sides. Put Thomas back next to Tannehill. You can throw, screen, run, check down to Thomas, he can stay in to pass protect. Someone has to be matched up on a linebacker...there is your mismatch. Stop putting Thomas or Bush in one at a time. We need to utilize Reggie's good hands (like the saints did) and not pull him every time Thomas comes in. USE THEM BOTH IN THE SAME FORMATION!

Something tells me Sherman knows how to run an offense and understands it pretty good.

I agree, the one thing that they have to stop doing is putting Bush in the backfield. Bush runs backwards too much and is killing our running game. I wish Philbin would just bench Bush or make him a WR. He is a terrible RB.

Same thing can be said about Jamall Charles, Chris Johnson, LeSean McCoy, CJ Spiller.. Do I need to go on? Dumb statements are dumb..

These types of running backs are more feast or famine.. You take the low gains for the chance at a big one. You want someone that can consistently get you 3-4 yards? Well then we'll just start DT every game.

I could be wrong, but our protection schemes are largely based on the rb's in the backfield is why we don't see Reggie go in motion and move to the slot. Tannehill acts like he is going to snap it so he can see where the blitz is coming from. Then he adjusts the blocking scheme and positions the rb accordingly.

More and more I'm getting the feeling that this coaching staff does not believe Reggie is running back for this offense. They want a big body that can read the hole, make one cut, and power for some yards.

:ponder::rob19::lol:

Something tells me Sherman knows how to run an offense and understands it pretty good.

Not saying he can't run an offense. Just saying put our playmakers on the field as much as you can. Especially with our lack of depth at receiver and how good Bush can catch the ball and hit open space.

Back
Top Bottom