Thomas Howard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas Howard

fishypete said:
Why ILB? Althought he can play both ILB and OLB....He's better suited for OLB...Here's a kid thats 6'3" 230....and can run sub 4.4 times....what T.E. can't he cover? He has wide receiver speed....when the last time you heard of a real linebacker running a 4.33 on any track?

"No UTEP player made a bigger impact in the opener than LB Thomas Howard, the C-USA defensive player of the week who set the tone with 10 tackles, two tackles for losses, an interception, a fumble recovery and a sack.

An outstanding performance by Howard, the Miners never let New Mexico State off the ground until it was too late, holding the Aggies to minus-17 yards rushing, forcing four turnovers and recording eight sacks. Facing NMSU's wide-open should help prepare the Miners for Houston, but the Cougars run their offense more effectively with better athletes than NMSU.

"He had five unassisted tackles, five assisted tackles, he's breaking up passes, intercepting passes, recovering fumbles, sacking quarterbacks. He made a huge hit on the very first play of the game and the crowd went nuts. He was all over the field all night long -- just a really impressive game." -- UTEP coach Mike Price on LB Thomas Howard, the C-USA defensive player of the week."

OLB in the 4-3, absolutely. OLB in the 3-4, absolutely not. by the way, Boss Bailey ran a 4.4 with a pulled hamstring.

Nappy Roots said:
OLB in the 4-3, absolutely. OLB in the 3-4, absolutely not. by the way, Boss Bailey ran a 4.4 with a pulled hamstring.

Your right Nappy....and what round did Boss Bailey get drafted in....the 2nd round 34th pick by Detroit.

By the way....they have Howard listed at 240 at the senior bowl website and if you take a look at the Pats linebackers....you'll see that 240 isn't that far away from what they weigh. By next year...in the weight room...Howard will be 250 easy.....he's still a growing boy....as mine were, eating me out of house and home. LOL.

fishypete said:
Your right Nappy....and what round did Boss Bailey get drafted in....the 2nd round 34th pick by Detroit.

By the way....they have Howard listed at 240 at the senior bowl website and if you take a look at the Pats linebackers....you'll see that 240 isn't that far away from what they weigh. By next year...in the weight room...Howard will be 250 easy.....he's still a growing boy....as mine were, eating me out of house and home. LOL.

I only have one and I know that's the truth...

cnc66 said:
I only have one and I know that's the truth...

I have four grown up now...2 boys and 2 girls....and now it's their time to have fun and to get gray hair althought my 3 grandchildren sure keep all of us going and going.

fishypete said:

like i said before, weight and height are only 1 part of the equation. 3-4 LBs for the most part are 4-3 DEs that can rush the passer and have the quickness to cover as well.

Back
Top Bottom