Thomas Morestead | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas Morestead

We need a better plan if we get the ball at our own one yard line with little time remaining.
First down:spread the field and Tua QB sneak to try to get two yards of space
Second and third down (if we are in the same situation with score and time) run the ball to kill clock
Fourth down: Punt

Second and third down (if we are in the same situation with score and time) run the ball to kill clock
I'll take it!

Ideally we can get a first down!

Not saying it was, but that is what is getting talked about today, I am just saying that he deserves some credit for how he is playing, and specifically for that punt kick off after the safety
The punt kick was interesting. He took only one step and then boom.

We won but safety was not a blessing. There's a huge difference to the Bills having to get in the end zone to take a lead or just needing a field goal to go ahead. You can much more easily defend the end zone because it makes a short field than you can defend your own 35 or 40 yard line because you also have to make sure the full area behind it is covered too.
Agree. The color analyst wanted to take a safety as a strategy. I thought that was really wrong. Why make a team need a FG instead of a TD

last time we needed was for Tua to be carrying the football after what happened to him earlier

The best play would have been to throw it on first down when Buffalo is not expecting it

Yeah but those last few yards to get the TD aren't really comparable to those last few needed to get in FG range.
If Mikey had the choice of Bills ball on their 22 without having to do that risky punt from the endline with the punter11 yards back, he would have taken that in a heartbeat. That punt had disaster written all over it. It could have deflected anywhere for a TD or back into play inside our 5 yard line. The only reason you just don't take the safety is because you only have a 4 point lead and the Bills might end up near midfield on the free kick. But if you are guarenteed a free kick that pins them at their 22, that makes the decision to punt or take the safety much more difficult.

Not having a better plan for the situation we were in is just part of being a new HC I think. I'm so excited about this team, because not only will our players get better as they get more familiar with the system, our Head Coach is going to get better too.

So is that a blocked punt? If so you gets credit? The last Bills player to touch the ball? You’d have to go back to their prior offensive possession. Just curious as I’ve never seen this

Absolutely great move signing Morstead. Best since Reggie without a doubt
Plus he seems to have Carpenters confidence back A huge plus. The kick after the butt block was huge. I believe that was his first NFL block kick

Back
Top Bottom