Thomas or Briggs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas or Briggs

As much as the idea of a "shut down" corner excites me . . . I like our guys here already, they are young and they all have speed and ability. I would much rather see a stud OLB come here than a CB. Throw in the fact that Jason Allen could play CB and we may draft a Landry or a Reggie Nelson . . . our secondary has unlimited potential. FA wise, OLB is priority . . . OL is as well but there is no depth there . . . we have to address that early in the draft.

Hmmm....

the corners were burnt all year. Jason Allen has shown nothing to me that he can play corner. Our OLB comes off the field in nickle/dime defenses, so he doesn't play all the time. There is no question that in my mind, CB and LOT are the highest priorities. More than WR. More than QB (I think Culpepper, Lemon and a 3rd round career backup to develop is more likely). And certainly more than DT, where I think Holliday will be matched with Evans.:dolphins:

I think it really depends on what defense we'll be using next year. As long as Capers stays I'd imagine we'll still be using the 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense. I' feel that Adalius Thomas's versatility would make him a better fit in our system.

In free agency they need to show the money to Asante Samuel. He's much better than any corner we have.

I don't say we get either of them. We wouldn't be able to sign players to fill our other holes. I would love to have one of them but it's too much money. We don't need pro bowlers at every position. We just need guys that can play. I say we do this:

Sign:

Dielman-OG (Get Jeno James and his overpaid butt outta here)
Na'il Diggs-OLB (Kinda had an off year, but he played good in GB)

And if we don't resign Holliday I would love for us to sign Corey Redding. Had 8 sacks last year and is still young (26 I think.)

Then draft:

1. DB (Hall or Landry)
2. LT (Ugoh or Brown-one of them will fall to us)
3. WR (Johnnie Lee Higgins has GREAT speed)
4. OLB (Brian Smith?)
6. OL
7. FB

I'm thinking the Dolphins should first address the OL.

Here's a list of UFA's.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsOL.html

Best being Max Starks.

Looking at the free agent QB's I would try and get Matt Schaub. He should be an upgrade over blue skies.

As for LB's, Cato June and/or London Fletcher would be good signings also.

Max Starks is a RFA and Atlanta wanted 2 first round picks for Schaub last year. With all of Vick's troubles I'm sure they won't even think of shopping Matt around.

Cato June wouldn't be too bad but just as expensive as Briggs and Thomas if not more.

On London Fletcher, this defense doesn't need anymore dinosaurs.

Edit: Forgot Schaub was a UFA this year. He's going to want serious money as well. I guess if we are considering giving it to a LB, we should consider giving it to a QB if we feel he's star material.

Edot 2: Forget Schaub he's an RFA not an UFA.

Good points, some others said the same thing about Schaub. Huard and Garcia are both UFA's and would probably be an upgrade/replacement for Joey.

i would take Lance Briggs because he is younger it does'nt really mater about size Zach Thomas is onlyy 5'10' and won linebacker of the year this year

hey i am new here so can someone please tell me how to put sings on my profile

i dont know what u guys are hearing but lance briggs isnt going anywhere. urlacher is willing to take a paycut just to keep him.

It would undoubtably be Thomas if either.

It appears we are switching to a pure 3-4, and that Zach Thomas is not retiring. That means the spot we have open is an 3-4 OLB spot, which Briggs is not a good fit for in the least bit.

Both are pretty solid players. I actually prefer Thomas to Briggs just because he is more versatile. The problem, however, is that they're going to be out of the Dolphins price range. We don't have a lot of money under the cap (roughly $12 million before cuts) and we have other pressing needs.

I'd take Briggs because he's younger.

If an LT and CB is available that would be good as well.

Getting those three would change the draft significantly. WR would move to the top need.

Thomas all day! But we still need to draft another stud OLB too.

Back
Top Bottom