Thomas or Briggs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas or Briggs

RiderOnTheStorm

Starter
Reaction score
So guys, the new head coach is in place and is assembling his staff but when we hit free agency and Miami seek an OLB, which player would be the best fit for the Phins alongside Crowder and Thomas?

Lance Briggs in the younger of the pair but Adalius Thomas has better size. Both are arguably as good as each other.

If Cameron goes to upgrade the Phins LB corps, which player should get the Miami money?

I would go with Briggs, but I don't want to go nuts with the money we dish out.

As much as the idea of a "shut down" corner excites me . . . I like our guys here already, they are young and they all have speed and ability. I would much rather see a stud OLB come here than a CB. Throw in the fact that Jason Allen could play CB and we may draft a Landry or a Reggie Nelson . . . our secondary has unlimited potential. FA wise, OLB is priority . . . OL is as well but there is no depth there . . . we have to address that early in the draft.

I want Briggs.He plays with an identical passion and intensity as our beloved #54.Cam realizes,I'm sure,that we need another presence in the middle.Briggs would look AWESOME in a 'Fins uni.............

Both are solid players...Wouldnt mind either of them....I am more for Samuels.

As much as the idea of a "shut down" corner excites me . . . I like our guys here already, they are young and they all have speed and ability. I would much rather see a stud OLB come here than a CB. Throw in the fact that Jason Allen could play CB and we may draft a Landry or a Reggie Nelson . . . our secondary has unlimited potential. FA wise, OLB is priority . . . OL is as well but there is no depth there . . . we have to address that early in the draft.

Our OL got better as the year went along. Our secondary got worse. We have two stars out of three starters on LB's. While I can see a monster LT perhaps edging out a shutdown CB, there's no way that LB garners more attention. Anyone remember the Jaguar game? Our CBs get pushed around. We need one shutdown guy so it becomes easier to commit to double coverage on one side and still be able to have a saftey roaming the outfield.

Another thing, look at the veterans we have at LB. A 2nd or 3rd round OLB out of this draft would be able to start amongst Thomas and Crowder because he's going to get the veteran help he needs. You draft a S or CB and who's going to tutor him or make up for his lack of experience on the other side? Will Allen? He's the veteran on the squad and he's just decent. Travis Daniels is still a youngster even more so since that injury has regressed him. Andre Goodman has been less than mediocre. Allen is a rookie for all intensive purposes and Bell is as well as far as starting is concerned.

Thomas and Clements. Its going to cost a lot of money, but it fixes two weakness and allows us to draft from a position of strength (not need). We can afford it, we can make it work under the salary cap, we should do it!!!

I would go with Briggs, but I don't want to go nuts with the money we dish out.

Agreed, and I'm not for throwing Lavaar money at a OLB, but if it takes a 5 to 6 million a year deal to get a stud like Briggs here . . . u gotta do it, Spragan is a backup . . . that would sure up holes in the D IMO (I think the secondary will vastly improve this year, and be a strength on this team).

Our OL got better as the year went along. Our secondary got worse. We have two stars out of three starters on LB's. While I can see a monster LT perhaps edging out a shutdown CB, there's no way that LB garners more attention. Anyone remember the Jaguar game? Our CBs get pushed around. We need one shutdown guy so it becomes easier to commit to double coverage on one side and still be able to have a saftey roaming the outfield.

Another thing, look at the veterans we have at LB. A 2nd or 3rd round OLB out of this draft would be able to start amongst Thomas and Crowder because he's going to get the veteran help he needs. You draft a S or CB and who's going to tutor him or make up for his lack of experience on the other side? Will Allen? He's the veteran on the squad and he's just decent. Travis Daniels is still a youngster even more so since that injury has regressed him. Andre Goodman has been less than mediocre. Allen is a rookie for all intensive purposes and Bell is as well as far as starting is concerned.

True, one of the reasons are secondary got worse is because we were not able to create any pressure on the blitz from our LB corps. I think I saw Spragan get a sack once this year on the blitz and it was only due to the magnificant coverage our secondary provided (the sack took about 4 or 5 seconds to get). I just wanna have 3 feared LB's running around out there, and a penetrating DLine . . . that front seven is crucial to having a good secondary. Even shut down corners get "Mossed" when no pressure is being put on the QB. I understand your point tho, I'm more in favor of developing some of the youth we have in this secondary already, we may have a Samuel or a Clements back there already.

Thomas and Clements. Its going to cost a lot of money, but it fixes two weakness and allows us to draft from a position of strength (not need). We can afford it, we can make it work under the salary cap, we should do it!!!

Could we really afford two stars like Briggs and Clements under our slary cap? Do you really know or are you just throwing stones? Don't get me excited man. That would be two excellent aquisitions.

So guys, the new head coach is in place and is assembling his staff but when we hit free agency and Miami seek an OLB, which player would be the best fit for the Phins alongside Crowder and Thomas?

Lance Briggs in the younger of the pair but Adalius Thomas has better size. Both are arguably as good as each other.

If Cameron goes to upgrade the Phins LB corps, which player should get the Miami money?

Whichever one we can get!

Back
Top Bottom