Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater before the season opener, will he (ST) land the number two spot on the qb roster?

My answer is no. Sort of...

Experience counts for much...but...it wouldn't be a stretch to see Thompson win the backup role behind Tua come September.

Question: Is it true that ST is looking better than TB in the offseason drills - camp?

Curious.

If Bridgewater is outplayed during preseason I would cut him. Lose a big chunk of money this year, but won't matter after that. But if Thompson just looks so so, just get him on the practice squad since it's doubtful he'd get a better offer. He'd also know he'd get a very good chance of being number two next year if he improves.

If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater before the season opener, will he (ST) land the number two spot on the qb roster?

Experience counts for much...but...it wouldn't be a stretch to see Thompson win the backup role behind Tua come September.

Question: Is it true that ST is looking better than TB in the offseason drills - camp?

Curious.

Teams carry at least one long-time vet a QB. They do far more than backup the starter - mentoring, film room, watching the D. Far more than a rook can do. I expect TB stays even if Skylar looks better

I just did a little dive on this dude. He’s a big guy and made some pretty incredible plays in college vs LSU and some other good programs. Fingers crossed we may have found a serviceable QB

Seems like a very long shot that dude could beat out Bridgewater

A lot people are really underrating him…. At the same time hyping up a 7th round QB..
Yes because trade, trade, trade, picks, picks, picks, cpa, cap, cap. The dream is a 2nd or 3rd for Bridgewater from QB needy team. Not gonna happen.

With Tua’s injury history I feel better with a vet until I see something on the field in actual preseason games. I’m not going with Thompson over Bridgewater based on camp tweets.

Curious.

Very curious actually.

Seems like a very long shot that dude could beat out Bridgewater

A lot people are really underrating him…. At the same time hyping up a 7th round QB..

Lucky for Bridgewater his 6.5M total compensation is fully guaranteed. Cutting him wouldn’t make sense unless Skylar was awesome and you couldn’t risk losing him. Even then you can keep 3 QBs.

Curious.
Well, that's what TC is for. We'll see them both plenty in the PS games.

Back
Top Bottom