• Derrius Thompson; 12 catches, 179 yards as the #2

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • James McKnight; 12 catches, 139 yards, 1 TD as the #3

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Does everyone(or anyone) agree with what I've been saying for weeks? For every good play Thompson makes, he F's up on two plays. He is so inconsistent, reminds me of a bigger/slower Charles Jordan, except Jordan was a playmaker. McKnight isn't a reliable receiver either, but after Chambers.. we don't have one. Atleast McKnight makes plays and has done so in this offense last year as well.

So who should be the #2 WR next to Chambers? Derrius Thompson or James McKnight?

Personally, I think they should sit Thompson on the BENCH.
Like someone else suggested:
1.Chambers
2.McKnight
3.Simmons(he'd be great in the slot)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to see that happen, but I just dont' know if Dave has the 'guts' to make that move.

You have to give McKnight a shot as the #2 against Indy. Griese seemed to click with him in the game against San Diego, maybe that is what McKnight needs to get his confidence back.

I really liked what I saw out of McKnight last night. Thompson did have a nice jumping catch (and he actually HAD to jump for it, not just choose to) and almost held onto a ball when he got crunched by two defenders. That being said, McKnight is just more of a playmaker, and I would not be opposed to seeing him start.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
I really liked what I saw out of McKnight last night. Thompson did have a nice jumping catch (and he actually HAD to jump for it, not just choose to) and almost held onto a ball when he got crunched by two defenders. That being said, McKnight is just more of a playmaker, and I would not be opposed to seeing him start.

Nice point there DolphinzD(about him having to jump instead of doing it to add flavor to the catch).

Keep Thompson in. McKnight isnt a very good starter. Remember last year when he always fumbled the ball and dropped passes that turned into ints.

Originally posted by Flipper2334
Keep Thompson in. McKnight isnt a very good starter. Remember last year when he always fumbled the ball and dropped passes that turned into ints.

What games where you watching last year, McKnight was our most consistence and best playplayer at the WR spot last year. You'll thinking of 2 years ago...and he's come a long ways since then. Pleasssssse he's still our best playmaker at the WR spot. it's time to give him his due. He's been good all year while in the the 3 slot.. All he does is make plays baby, he was catching with his hands last night, I was very pleased...

Thompson flat out dropped that ball. There was no crunched by two people going on at all. I taped the game and watched it again just now.

Flat out dropped it.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He's been good all year while in the the 3 slot.. All he does is make plays baby, he was catching with his hands last night, I was very pleased...

I agree. McKnight runs curls and slants very well. With BG Norv might run a few outs too. The TD was a very good shallow cross from the slot. Give him more 'stickum' for next game please

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Thompson flat out dropped that ball. There was no crunched by two people going on at all. I taped the game and watched it again just now.

Flat out dropped it.

Yes he did.

I say keep Thompson in as the starter and leave McKnight as the slot guy. All my memories of McKnight are bad and I'm tired of giving him a chance. Thompson has only played in 7 games w/ us so he gets the benefit of the doubt, IMO, on the drops. I see it the other way around for every one good play McKnight makes he makes about 3 bad ones. Besides, Thompson is gonna be here next year and the year after, McKnight probably won't.

McKnight seems like he's very hard to bring down after the catch. He always slips at least one tackle. I think with every catch he has the ability to turn it into a big play.

Back
Top Bottom