Those Last 4 Games - Yikes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those Last 4 Games - Yikes

I figure:

Chiefs loss
Pats win
Raiders toss up
Bills could either be for the division title which makes it a toss up or the Bills will have won the division and will be resting players make it a Miami win.

I could see Miam going 2-2 or 3-1 to close out the season.

Bore the season started I would have said a lost to KC was guaranteed. But now i wouldn't put it as automatic. Don't get me wrong we're likely not winning that game. But it's certainly not as impossible as we would have thought at the beginning of the season.ef

Honestly, we actually match up well against them on offense. Also, KC Defense has regressed from last season and you can make plays on them.

So let's not call it a 100% loss jsut quite yet!
100% agree but I tag it as an expected loss because KC is the SB favorites right now. But I think that game will come down to the wire!

Hopefully we crush broncos-obvsiously most important and if we take care of business we don't have to worry about other teams but since it has been mentioned
Here is the important games for playoffs that impact us
raiders hopefully lose to chiefs
rats and titans play each other so one team will be hurt
browns are annnoying their schedule is a joke...hopefully eagles beat them but i doubt it
colts and packers---hope packers win but thinking colts will

I agree and am hoping we continue to get better over the next 3 games to be ready for that stretch. The only precedent we have from a Flores team is it gets better as the season goes. Let’s hope that the case:

Some thoughts
Denver- road game but if we want to sniff the playoffs we can’t lose to Brett Rypein.

Jets - dont laugh they are getting better. They have some speed at WR back and should also have Darnold. They will be highly motivated to knock us off and we could face weather.

Bengals - Burrow is playing well but so was Herbert. I expect us to be all over him with that crappy line and I also expect us to severely out coach Zac Taylor. Still he has playmakers, the fins have to stay sharp. Their defense is not good.

Chiefs - toughest game to date and probably a loss. I’m curious to see if Flo and Boyer can cook something up. Problem is the chiefs can play power running too.

Pats - never taken for granted and I admit their style is perfect against us. We love to cover and blitz, they know they suck at passing. We already saw it week 1 when Howard and Jones were targeted 0 times. We have to stop there run or score a lot and force them to throw. On a positive note we usually count Pats games as losses and split with them anyway even when we suck.

Raiders - good power running team, bad defense. They only had a couple of TO’s coming into this past weekend. I think we can beat them.

Bills - thought they were trending down but blew out Seattle and really should have beaten Arizona. I do think Igbo on Diggs was the single biggest downfall in the first meeting. Whenever they needed a play it was their to be made. Curious to see the rematch and hope it is for al the marbles. Could face weather!!

However it turns out it will be exciting I think.

All of the playoff teams are equal or tougher competition than those 4 teams. If we can’t compete with them, we won’t be able to compete in the playoffs. We’ll see soon whether or not we belong.

However, even if we miss playoffs or get bounced in the first round, this team is far ahead of schedule with a bright future, and we really shouldn’t be too upset with that potential outcome

Exactly! One game at a time. If they handle their business early then it make losses towards the end of the season more managable. Going 2-2 at the very least and those two wins must come against the Bills/Patriots is a must. I'd assume that would give us the division if we will every game prior and the Bills lose at least 1 more game on their schedule.

Agree. I'm not in the every-poor-team-is-a-trap-game crowd, but I think some here underestimate the next 3. Miami SHOULD win, but there are upsets almost every week and those teams will be playing for pride and spots in the NFL next year. One game at a time. Take the next three and destiny is in their hands

And again I’m not talking about the lack of separation stuff. Although I think with tuas ball placement that can be hidden somewhat I’m talking about the actual offensive concepts and gameplan.

open it up. This minimized stuff won’t be enough vs the quality final 4 game stretch...

build up. Thought we were headed there after the cards game but we seemed to go back into a shell vs the chargers to some extent

I agree that is Tough stretch. Definitely need to win next three. I think my outlook of the last 4 would change if we start running the ball better and develop a vertical game with chunk plays. I believe Mia has played better game by game last 5. One would think the staff is looking at the schedule saying, “we have three weeks to improve our offense and get some kinks out.”

Assuming we go 9-3, which, if we're as good as the team is showing in all phases, playing complimentary football, we really should expect that, I see a split in the last 4 games for 11-5 if they open up the gameplan and let Tua operate. What we did to the Rams and Bolts won't work against all of those last 4 teams. KC and Buff specifically will have the ability to attack our cover 0 stuff, they won't fold up like Herbert. Firmly believe Ahmed, Grant, and Tua would be the catalysts for the offense if we were to be largely successful in those last games.

If we take 3 of the 4, we're in Super Bowl contention (and I'd PRAY we run into Pittsburgh)...and that's so hard to wrap my head around.

I want to see us clear these next three games—like we should—and then split the last four. That would put us at 11-5. I genuinely think that’s doable. 10-6 might be more likely though.

I agree and am hoping we continue to get better over the next 3 games to be ready for that stretch. The only precedent we have from a Flores team is it gets better as the season goes. Let’s hope that the case:

Some thoughts
Denver- road game but if we want to sniff the playoffs we can’t lose to Brett Rypein.

Jets - dont laugh they are getting better. They have some speed at WR back and should also have Darnold. They will be highly motivated to knock us off and we could face weather.

Bengals - Burrow is playing well but so was Herbert. I expect us to be all over him with that crappy line and I also expect us to severely out coach Zac Taylor. Still he has playmakers, the fins have to stay sharp. Their defense is not good.

Chiefs - toughest game to date and probably a loss. I’m curious to see if Flo and Boyer can cook something up. Problem is the chiefs can play power running too.

Pats - never taken for granted and I admit their style is perfect against us. We love to cover and blitz, they know they suck at passing. We already saw it week 1 when Howard and Jones were targeted 0 times. We have to stop there run or score a lot and force them to throw. On a positive note we usually count Pats games as losses and split with them anyway even when we suck.

Raiders - good power running team, bad defense. They only had a couple of TO’s coming into this past weekend. I think we can beat them.

Bills - thought they were trending down but blew out Seattle and really should have beaten Arizona. I do think Igbo on Diggs was the single biggest downfall in the first meeting. Whenever they needed a play it was their to be made. Curious to see the rematch and hope it is for al the marbles. Could face weather!!

However it turns out it will be exciting I think.

don’t sleep on that cinci skill player offense. I don’t know where that game is however. Pats run game if they commit to it fully is a problem for just about every team in the league. I’m serious with that. But are they committed to it. They should be with that qb.

Here's an exercise I like to do. If you use ESPN's percentages of who will win each game, you can map out how the remaining schedule for every team will go.

MIA (6-3)
53.2% chance of winning (@DEN)
68.8% chance of winning (@NYJ)
65.5% chance of winning (CIN)
24.6% chance of winning (KC)
50.1% chance of winning (NE)
35.8% chance of winning (@LV)
37.9% chance of winning (@BUF)

If you move the decimal place over 2 places to the left and add them all up, you get 3.359. So basically what that says is we're likely to get 3 more wins and have about a 36% chance of getting a 4th. So most likely we'll be 9-7 but could get to 10-6.

Of course ESPN percentages isn't the end all be all but it's an interesting way to look at it. I'll post the rest of the AFC teams in contention below.

PIT (9-0): .858 + .499 + .772 + .568 + .732 + .642 + .672 = 4.743 (14-2)
KC (8-1): .758 + .550 + .883 + .752 + .577 + .828 + .862 = 5.210 (13-3)
IND (6-3): .455 + .550 + .529 + .442 + .648 + .355 + .788 = 3.767 (10-6)
BUF (7-3): .740 + .400 + .429 + .616 + .498 + .618 = 3.301 (10-6)
BAL (6-3): .684 + .497 + .884 + .712 + .882 + .817 + .756 = 5.232 (11-5)
LV (6-3): .240 + .489 + .729 + .555 + .639 + .639 + .617 = 3.908 (10-6)
TEN (6-3): .314 + .447 + .615 + .713 + .694 + .346 + .541 = 3.670 (10-6)
MIA (6-3): .532 + .688 + .655 + .246 + .501 + .358 + .379 = 3.359 (9-7)
CLE (6-3): .519 + .635 + .382 + .285 + .535 + .674 + .326 = 3.356 (9-7)

Back
Top Bottom