Those Last 4 Games - Yikes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those Last 4 Games - Yikes

I must be misunderstanding your post. When you say "those 4 teams" are you speaking of our last 4? Who is gonna be tougher than KC, Buff, NE, and Vegas ?? The Colts, or Steelers?? No I am not so sure about that, IF that is what you are saying.

Sorry, was typing that while on the phone at work. Didn’t really elaborate. What I’m saying, is that if we are going to be a top team that’s routinely in the playoffs, we have to get used to playing and beating teams of this caliber

don’t sleep on that cinci skill player offense. I don’t know where that game is however. Pats run game if they commit to it fully is a problem for just about every team in the league. I’m serious with that. But are they committed to it. They should be with that qb.
I absolutely think they are committed to it. I think you need to get them to play from behind.

no doubt. It’s their path to use a felger term. Line up and run tbe rock and use cam as a primary ball carrier situationally... it’s the only path really for them
I wish they didn’t have any path. So sick of them, if they emerge this year....argh.

I’ll have a hard time rooting for them to beat Houston. I’ll begrudgingly do it, but it won’t be easy. I rooted for them once in the last 20 years. We needed them to beat Baltimore to help our playoff chances in 2016. That’s it.

I wish they didn’t have any path. So sick of them, if they emerge this year....argh.

I’ll have a hard time rooting for them to beat Houston. I’ll begrudgingly do it, but it won’t be easy. I rooted for them once in the last 20 years. We needed them to beat Baltimore to help our playoff chances in 2016. That’s it.

they wouldn’t be 4-5 right now if they didn’t try to make cam a pocket read passer. But this was always gonna be in their back pocket should they need it. So...

It will be fun to watch Mahones against our cbs. We might see the chiefs again and learn a lot from this first game win or loss.

The schedule the next few weeks allows us to try a few options and see if they fit. Almost a pre season, rest a few players if needed. Then 4 tough games We might only need to win one of those to make the playoffs. I think we win 3 of the last 4. We might lose early in the playoffs, but I think we surprize all with our wins and losses

My opinion if we take care of the next 3 and head to KC at 9-3 we are talking about an 11 or 12 win team. If we drop one of the next 3 we are talking 9 or 10. Probably getting in but not making much noise. If we take care of the next 3 like a really good team should then we are in for a ride!!

Our run D still looks weak unless we over-commit. Raiders have a good running game.
Mobile QBs still gash us, especially if the team's run game is generally good. So, Pats are capable of beating us.
KC's D is just good enough to keep teams from keeping up with their offense.
Bills are just a tough team, period.

However, we're gonna need one of these wins to make the POs in a brutally tough AFC field.

This is where our vulnerabilities on offense may doom our season.
I just dont know that we have enough weapons. Can Grant keep playing this well? His game at WR2 Sunday was every bit as good as PW's best this year.
Also, Tua will have to make a Lot of plays with his legs and he wont have the luxury of leaving plays on the field like he did Sunday.

That is a tough stretch. I think Miami is better than New England and the Raiders, but both those teams can run the ball so that should be a challenge. Plus, you can never dismiss a team coached by Bellichick.

I can't wait for the rematch against Buffalo. I really think Miami wins that early game with Tua as Fitzpatrick didn't have one of his better games. But, also the pass rush wasn't there yet for the Dolphins. KC is just on a different level with Mahomes.

One thing to keep in mind is injuries and, unfortunately, Covid. I hope Covid doesn't influence the playoffs, but it very well could. Different year to be sure.
Everyone is taking the pats as some gimme game. Not even close. They just dismantled the ravens and i dont think we could beat baltimore. Billichoke has faced much bigger and badder defenses than ours and isnt shaking in his boots over rookie tua. Oh, and dont forget, he taught EVERYTHING to flo that he knows and knows all of his tricks, looks, blitzes, etc.... . If i pick one absolute loss for miami in this last 4 games, its new england.

I pick kc to win, but, they are beatable. Get to mahomes and kc loses. I cant think of another defense he has seen that is going to pressure him as much as we will or disguise things the way we do. I expect kc to win but wont be shocked if we we pull it off.

We dont match up with bufallo well at all. I see a loss there. Raiders scare me. I dont see us winning more than 9 wins and its probably going to be an 8-8 season when all is said and done..

I really hadn't taken in our full schedule and committed to memory. I knew that starting with the Chargers we were going to have a run of teams that haven't done as well in the win/loss column this year (though I never take those teams for granted - especially if they have potential playmakers on offense). Just now noticed the row we have in the last 4 weeks.

KC
Pats
Raiders
Bills

Those are all going to be very tough games. Kansas City is certainly the most difficult to beat team of this era. Teams have come out with a good gameplan against Mahomes and held him down for three or more quarters. Rarely is a team able to hold him down for four quarters. So tough to beat. We already know the Pats beat us once this year, so they can do it again. While they obviously went through a rough stretch, they've righted the ship, and a win this weekend puts them at .500. Bottom line, don't count out a Bellichek team. He tends to figure out what his team will do well and how to maximize his roster. Then we've got Oakland - quietly one of the surprise teams this year. Right now we have the same record as Oakland, and Oakland has had some pieces together a lot longer than we have. Possible a tough game. And then we've got Buffalo. Josh Allen has always killed us and mobile QB's kill us as well. If Buffalo isn't resting starters by this point, this will be a tough game.

Even if we manage to sweep the rest of the weaker teams, something that I never "project" as things always happen in the NFL, we'd be looking at 9 wins. In normal years 9 wins is a tough bet to make the playoffs, and even 10 can leave you out, though that's less likely with an additional playoff spot. There's a lot of teams in the hunt though, and I anticipate the AFC being very competitive down to the wire, with more good teams than playoff spots available. We're gonna have to beat one or more of these challenging teams. I think we're going to need a lot more from the offense in the last four weeks - not just in terms of points on the board but also in terms of sustaining drives, which outside of the Arizona game we haven't been doing consistently with Tua just yet. We'll also need the defense to step up and get more stops - we can be very all or nothing in either getting a turnover or giving up a scoring drive.
I see 4 wins

I really hadn't taken in our full schedule and committed to memory. I knew that starting with the Chargers we were going to have a run of teams that haven't done as well in the win/loss column this year (though I never take those teams for granted - especially if they have potential playmakers on offense). Just now noticed the row we have in the last 4 weeks.

KC
Pats
Raiders
Bills

Those are all going to be very tough games. Kansas City is certainly the most difficult to beat team of this era. Teams have come out with a good gameplan against Mahomes and held him down for three or more quarters. Rarely is a team able to hold him down for four quarters. So tough to beat. We already know the Pats beat us once this year, so they can do it again. While they obviously went through a rough stretch, they've righted the ship, and a win this weekend puts them at .500. Bottom line, don't count out a Bellichek team. He tends to figure out what his team will do well and how to maximize his roster. Then we've got Oakland - quietly one of the surprise teams this year. Right now we have the same record as Oakland, and Oakland has had some pieces together a lot longer than we have. Possible a tough game. And then we've got Buffalo. Josh Allen has always killed us and mobile QB's kill us as well. If Buffalo isn't resting starters by this point, this will be a tough game.

Even if we manage to sweep the rest of the weaker teams, something that I never "project" as things always happen in the NFL, we'd be looking at 9 wins. In normal years 9 wins is a tough bet to make the playoffs, and even 10 can leave you out, though that's less likely with an additional playoff spot. There's a lot of teams in the hunt though, and I anticipate the AFC being very competitive down to the wire, with more good teams than playoff spots available. We're gonna have to beat one or more of these challenging teams. I think we're going to need a lot more from the offense in the last four weeks - not just in terms of points on the board but also in terms of sustaining drives, which outside of the Arizona game we haven't been doing consistently with Tua just yet. We'll also need the defense to step up and get more stops - we can be very all or nothing in either getting a turnover or giving up a scoring drive.
well they beat us the first week, but I don't think the patriots or Cam newton is that good. With the next games coming up. If we take care of business. Miam could be 9-3, so even if fins win just one out of last 4. They would be 10-6, which I think would be enough to get wildcard especially since there's another slot for wc with 7th pick.

Everyone is taking the pats as some gimme game. Not even close. They just dismantled the ravens and i dont think we could beat baltimore. Billichoke has faced much bigger and badder defenses than ours and isnt shaking in his boots over rookie tua. Oh, and dont forget, he taught EVERYTHING to flo that he knows and knows all of his tricks, looks, blitzes, etc.... . If i pick one absolute loss for miami in this last 4 games, its new england.

I pick kc to win, but, they are beatable. Get to mahomes and kc loses. I cant think of another defense he has seen that is going to pressure him as much as we will or disguise things the way we do. I expect kc to win but wont be shocked if we we pull it off.

We dont match up with bufallo well at all. I see a loss there. Raiders scare me. I dont see us winning more than 9 wins and its probably going to be an 8-8 season when all is said and done..
we often split with Buffalo and those same Pats barely beat the jets. Actually the jets were in position to beat them but Jets took game away from themselves.

Back
Top Bottom