Those Last 4 Games - Yikes | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those Last 4 Games - Yikes

Momentum and confidence does build with winning teams.
Throw in the extra experience our younger players will get over the next couple of games.
If we do go into the last 4 games with a 9-3 record, well that would be a shock to me if asked at the start but does show this team is well on the right track.
Still think KC may be a step too far but with that confidence, momentum and experience any thing could happen in the other 3.
Bottom line playoffs are a very strong possibility, the key is Bills [only 5-12 in last 17] Win that and the Div could be ours.

I'll take 2-2. Give KC all they can handle
I'm not afraid to take my chances with this "D" against KC. They are built for, and match up pretty well, IMO.

The "O", however, needs to make some marked improvement over the next few weeks if we are to have a shot of beating them

I don't see why 3-1 is not attainable. KC and Buffalo will be tough games but the coaching staff schemes and prepares the team week in and week out. Secondary will have to be healthy against KC and the Bills defense is not as good as the last year or 2. Its going to be cold and Tua will only have limited experience in handling those conditions. That factor may very well influence the final. I actually think the KC game is more winnable of the two.

Pats are a shell of themselves from years past. That first game was frustrating because it was winnable but the offense never got started and the defense was without Byron Jones and still only gave up 21 points to a QB who has been a handful each time this team has played him. The Raiders are good but not in the same category as Miami.

I don't see why 3-1 is not attainable. KC and Buffalo will be tough games but the coaching staff schemes and prepares the team week in and week out. Secondary will have to be healthy against KC and the Bills defense is not as good as the last year or 2. Its going to be cold and Tua will only have limited experience in handling those conditions. That factor may very well influence the final. I actually think the KC game is more winnable of the two.

Pats are a shell of themselves from years past. That first game was frustrating because it was winnable but the offense never got started and the defense was without Byron Jones and still only gave up 21 points to a QB who has been a handful each time this team has played him. The Raiders are good but not in the same category as Miami.

"The Raiders are good but not in the same category as Miami."

When in the past could you have said that about the Dolphins and been serious.

This kind of attitude cheers me up a lot!!!

"The Raiders are good but not in the same category as Miami."

When in the past could you have said that about the Dolphins and been serious.

This kind of attitude cheers me up a lot!!!
And to think that this team hasn't reached its peak this year and will have a lot more talent and experience next. Been over 2 decades since I could expect them to be legitimately competitive without relying on luck, weak schedule or whimsical formations to score points.

And to think that this team hasn't reached its peak this year and will have a lot more talent and experience next. Been over 2 decades since I could expect them to be legitimately competitive without relying on luck, weak schedule or whimsical formations to score points.

Just keep cheering me up.

I'm tough, I can take it.

I really hadn't taken in our full schedule and committed to memory. I knew that starting with the Chargers we were going to have a run of teams that haven't done as well in the win/loss column this year (though I never take those teams for granted - especially if they have potential playmakers on offense). Just now noticed the row we have in the last 4 weeks.

KC
Pats
Raiders
Bills

Those are all going to be very tough games. Kansas City is certainly the most difficult to beat team of this era. Teams have come out with a good gameplan against Mahomes and held him down for three or more quarters. Rarely is a team able to hold him down for four quarters. So tough to beat. We already know the Pats beat us once this year, so they can do it again. While they obviously went through a rough stretch, they've righted the ship, and a win this weekend puts them at .500. Bottom line, don't count out a Bellichek team. He tends to figure out what his team will do well and how to maximize his roster. Then we've got Oakland - quietly one of the surprise teams this year. Right now we have the same record as Oakland, and Oakland has had some pieces together a lot longer than we have. Possible a tough game. And then we've got Buffalo. Josh Allen has always killed us and mobile QB's kill us as well. If Buffalo isn't resting starters by this point, this will be a tough game.

Even if we manage to sweep the rest of the weaker teams, something that I never "project" as things always happen in the NFL, we'd be looking at 9 wins. In normal years 9 wins is a tough bet to make the playoffs, and even 10 can leave you out, though that's less likely with an additional playoff spot. There's a lot of teams in the hunt though, and I anticipate the AFC being very competitive down to the wire, with more good teams than playoff spots available. We're gonna have to beat one or more of these challenging teams. I think we're going to need a lot more from the offense in the last four weeks - not just in terms of points on the board but also in terms of sustaining drives, which outside of the Arizona game we haven't been doing consistently with Tua just yet. We'll also need the defense to step up and get more stops - we can be very all or nothing in either getting a turnover or giving up a scoring drive.

Miami just needs to continue to do, what they have been doing...One game at a time.

Lets just say Miami's last 4 games had been Chiefs, @Rams, @49ers, @Cardinals...Would that look scary, if we did not already know we beat three of those teams already.

We just need to keep focus, do the best we can against a very good Chiefs team, beat the declining Pats in Miami like we normally do, play hard, but smart against the Raiders, and if we want to win the division, if we want to believe we are for real...We absolutely have to beat the Bills, even if it's in Buffalo.

Everyone is taking the pats as some gimme game. Not even close. They just dismantled the ravens and i dont think we could beat baltimore. Billichoke has faced much bigger and badder defenses than ours and isnt shaking in his boots over rookie tua. Oh, and dont forget, he taught EVERYTHING to flo that he knows and knows all of his tricks, looks, blitzes, etc.... . If i pick one absolute loss for miami in this last 4 games, its new england.

I pick kc to win, but, they are beatable. Get to mahomes and kc loses. I cant think of another defense he has seen that is going to pressure him as much as we will or disguise things the way we do. I expect kc to win but wont be shocked if we we pull it off.

We dont match up with bufallo well at all. I see a loss there. Raiders scare me. I dont see us winning more than 9 wins and its probably going to be an 8-8 season when all is said and done..
New England is definitely not a gimme game. I agree. I do like Miami's matchup with Buffalo, especially with Tua starting.

Let's see how the next three games go. If the Dolphins come out of that stretch with a 9-3 mark, they should have a good shot at a playoff berth.

Raiders have the best win of the season when they won in KC, but i don't think that game is a tough ask.

The KC game is the only one of those 4 games i'd be surprised if they won.

New England is definitely not a gimme game. I agree. I do like Miami's matchup with Buffalo, especially with Tua starting.

Let's see how the next three games go. If the Dolphins come out of that stretch with a 9-3 mark, they should have a good shot at a playoff berth.

Keep hearing that and don't want to disagree completely. But, if Miami losses one of the next 3 and splits the last 4, that is still in the hunt and a remarkable record based on FH predictions this past summer. Clearly, winning the next 3 would make the path MUCH easier.

I really hadn't taken in our full schedule and committed to memory. I knew that starting with the Chargers we were going to have a run of teams that haven't done as well in the win/loss column this year (though I never take those teams for granted - especially if they have potential playmakers on offense). Just now noticed the row we have in the last 4 weeks.

KC
Pats
Raiders
Bills

Those are all going to be very tough games. Kansas City is certainly the most difficult to beat team of this era. Teams have come out with a good gameplan against Mahomes and held him down for three or more quarters. Rarely is a team able to hold him down for four quarters. So tough to beat. We already know the Pats beat us once this year, so they can do it again. While they obviously went through a rough stretch, they've righted the ship, and a win this weekend puts them at .500. Bottom line, don't count out a Bellichek team. He tends to figure out what his team will do well and how to maximize his roster. Then we've got Oakland - quietly one of the surprise teams this year. Right now we have the same record as Oakland, and Oakland has had some pieces together a lot longer than we have. Possible a tough game. And then we've got Buffalo. Josh Allen has always killed us and mobile QB's kill us as well. If Buffalo isn't resting starters by this point, this will be a tough game.

Even if we manage to sweep the rest of the weaker teams, something that I never "project" as things always happen in the NFL, we'd be looking at 9 wins. In normal years 9 wins is a tough bet to make the playoffs, and even 10 can leave you out, though that's less likely with an additional playoff spot. There's a lot of teams in the hunt though, and I anticipate the AFC being very competitive down to the wire, with more good teams than playoff spots available. We're gonna have to beat one or more of these challenging teams. I think we're going to need a lot more from the offense in the last four weeks - not just in terms of points on the board but also in terms of sustaining drives, which outside of the Arizona game we haven't been doing consistently with Tua just yet. We'll also need the defense to step up and get more stops - we can be very all or nothing in either getting a turnover or giving up a scoring drive.
I love it.. to be the best, you gotta beat the best... go into the playoffs on a roll and then see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom