Those Who Are Against Drafting Alex Smith... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those Who Are Against Drafting Alex Smith...

CaptainCharisma

Dolphins #1 baby
Reaction score
I see so many posts of people saying not to draft Alex Smith...

Therefore, I want to know...why shouldn't we draft Alex Smith and who would be a better person to draft at #2?

It's amazing when I see people write negatively about Smith and say "let's draft Derrick Johnson at #2!" :roflmao:

If this was last year, Alex Smith would be rated about equal to JP Losman. The only reason he is being hyped is because this draft is very weak on QB talent. In fact, many experts are saying that Charlie Frye or Jason Campbell may be the best QBs in the draft, long term. If we were to draft Smith at #2, it would be a major reach, and not good value for the pick.

CaptainCharisma said:
It's amazing when I see people write negatively about Smith and say "let's draft Derrick Johnson at #2!" :roflmao:

I've said I don't want to draft either.

CaptainCharisma said:

Therefore, I want to know...why shouldn't we draft Alex Smith and who would be a better person to draft at #2?

I am against Alex Smith since I don't want the fins to pay that salary for someone who is going to hold a clipboard. If you draft someone this high in the draft, start them right away. I am for Alex Smith if they name him the starter right away. Let him learn while playing the first year.

DJ at #2 lol, just what we need is another LB who can't get off blocks.

Both QB's could be taken at #2, so could Brown, Braylon. I don't think any others would be taken here. I could be wrong though.

CaptainCharisma said:

Do you really believe that Alex Smith is the best player? personally I dont think so, I would pick Edwards, M. Williams, Brown, Benson, Cadillac and Jason Cambell before him, imo.

Alex Smith = Kenneth Dorsey, IMO.
Position: Quarterback Kenneth Dorsey
College: Miami (Fla.)
Height: 6-5
Weight: 208
Hometown: Orinda, Calif.

Career Notes | Agility | High School | Personal | Stats
ANALYSIS
Positives: Dropback passer with good arm strength … Sets up quickly to see the field and looks very comfortable with his follow-through … Rarely forces the ball and gets rid of the pigskin with a smooth motion … Can make the short and deep throws … Puts good zip behind his attempts, displaying a tight spiral … Knows how to take something off the ball to make the easy toss and shows great confidence in his touch … Takes his time spotting his targets and never is rattled by pressure … Displays great presence in the huddle … While he is mostly a dropback passer, he does have the agility to roll out of the pocket and throw on the run … Knows how to look defenses off to spot his secondary targets.

Come on.. Dont tell me youre comparing Dorsey to Smith? Weak.

BTW.. tater salad sucks.

I originally wanted Ronnie Brown but have now switched to Braylon Edwards. I do not want a QB with the 2nd pick. If we don't get Edwards, go back to Brown (that almost sounds like a UPS commercial).

The problem I see in Smith is he was developed in a spread out offense designed for college that you can not run on the talent in the NFL. So we dont know what he is like under center. That is a huge question mark in my mind. Look at all the "fun and gun" qbs that Spurrier put out of florida. These spread college QB's just never adjust to the pro game. I like Smith, I like the fact he is very intelligent, and he might prove me wrong by being a good QB in the NFL but he is too big of a question mark for us to take him that early in the draft. There are a lot of other directions we could go with alot less down side IMO. By the way, if he does become a dolphin, I will support him and really hope to see him prove me wrong.

Jnaledu3 said:
Come on.. Dont tell me youre comparing Dorsey to Smith? Weak.

BTW.. tater salad sucks.
Exactly...weak armed.

baked beans suck too, what's you're point?

edwards in 1st round and rb in thrid round this year

worry about qb next year, after seeing how feeley does this year.

CaptainCharisma said:
... who would be a better person to draft at #2?
...QUOTE]

The best impact player is Braylon Edwards. As far as QB, I'd take a flyer on Adrian McPherson before taking this Alex Smith, or even stay w/AJ. He (Smith) just doesn't have the goods to start right away.

What kind of offense do you think we would have w/Chambers & Edwards at WR and Marty Booker in the slot. And oh BTW, there's Randy McMichael on a drag pattern underneath. You want options on offense? There they are.

Look what an impact WR did for Philly. No, Edwards is not Ownes but i'm talking about the situation, not the player. With those kind of receivers, defenses will not be able to stack 8-9 in the box. The OL has to be better than last year because it can't be worse.

Back
Top Bottom