Thought I Would Share | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thought I Would Share

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Anyway, so I happen to know an NFL scout for a certain team (not the Fins- I wish) and I talk to him from time to time around draft time just to get his general impressions on what could happen and who I could look for as suprises etc. So the first thing he told me today, and one of the only things really of interest, because even scouts say anything can happen this draft, is that Ronnie Brown is an absolute STUD. He says scouts are enamored with this guy, and that he is the complete package. His versatility are what make him one step above the rest- he can play RB, he can block and he can line up as a slot receiver and he has a great set of hands. According to this scout, he is going to be a bonafide star and will automatically make the team that takes him a threat with the running game. So obviously my next comment was, even us Fins with a shakey o-line and QB situation? And he said absolutely- Ronnie is the type of guy that a team can build around, and he is a great team player, something "Saban-type" coaches really like. He also said Miami got the best football coach available, and that Nick is not a nice guy, but he is a tremendous football mind and the entire league knows and fears it. They know that he immmediately makes Miami better.

Anyway, no bone-shattering breaking news, but just thought I would share this since its quiet around here.

I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon for a really long time now, hopefully in a week this comes into fruition and he puts on that Dolphins hat by the podium and shakes Tag's hand.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon for a really long time now, hopefully in a week this comes into fruition and he puts on that Dolphins hat by the podium and shakes Tag's hand.

:yeahthat:

DolphinDevil28 said:

I'm excited because this will be the first time in a long time that we get to see our draft pick walk up onto the stage, put on the Fins cap, shake hands with Tag, hold up the Fins jersey, and get interviewed. Now we don't have to wait to hear his thoughts by listening to the PC online. Hell, Vernon Carey wasn't even interviewed on day 2 like so many others were.

I've been a Ronnie Brown fan as well. And if we can pull of a trade with the Bucs, move down to #5 and still grab him, that would be huge!

Nothing ag Brown individually, but can you really build a team around a RB? Even great ones dont last that long, no? Granted, our new offense should be well schemed and not run up the middle 80% of the time.

ih8brady said:
Granted, our new offense should be well schemed and not run up the middle 80% of the time.

BINGO!

Which is exactly why we need Brown! He's the best reciever out of the backfield as well as the best blitz-pick-uper amongst the RB's.

He's not just one dimensional. Hell, he can even be split out wide as a slot reciever.

I love the fact that Brown's receiving skills are heralded. I think a guy who can catch AND run is a catch (no pun intended) because if for whatever reason our line has collapsed all game and our running game is shuttle-****ed, he is not useless in all entirity.

I HOPE that Saban sees the good in Brown and we'll draft him come next week!

I'm just glad that finally, in a week, it'll all be put to rest and we'll have our first day's work complete. Then we can get down to talking about who we got and how they might fit in and not about whether they'll actually be Dolphins or not. I say bring it on!

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'd be chuffed with Ronnie. I'd be pretty happy with any of the '7' apart from Rodgers.

I dunno how my board is atm... but I think its..

Mike Williams
Cedric Benson
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Alex Smith
Braylon Edwards
Aaron Rodgers.

I love Ronnie Brown but not at the two spot.If we manage to trade down to the 5 spot or so we may still get him.

CrunchTime said:
I love Ronnie Brown but not at the two spot.If we manage to trade down to the 5 spot or so we may still get him.
I think he'll be there at #5.

ih8brady said:
Nothing ag Brown individually, but can you really build a team around a RB? Even great ones dont last that long, no? Granted, our new offense should be well schemed and not run up the middle 80% of the time.

That's true. You won't win very many Superbowls by building your team around a running back.

KB21 said:
That's true. You won't win very many Superbowls by building your team around a running back.
yeah... look at Ricky, he rushed for 3,200 yards in two years and we didn't even make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom