Thought I'd share this/Saints ruin Dolphins draft plans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thought I'd share this/Saints ruin Dolphins draft plans

So.... you’re telling me....

that Ireland had intel that a team with a huge need on the offensive line wanted the next best offensive lineman left? Woah. I’m nervous forhis Jedi powers.

Ruiz would have been a nice pick, but I'm not stressing over it. If Miami had to have him, they could have traded up. The Dolphins had the ammunition to do that. I don't view him as a must have player.

Oh I didn't say I believe it. Anybody can say anything after the fact. I was just sharing this with my fellow Dolfans.
I wasn’t talking to you specifically, was talking to the folks that wrote it:)

I do know of a source that confirmed we had Ruiz on the board and when the saints took him we traded down..so maybe I’m wrong here.

I wonder how Ireland got his Intel on Miami potentially picking Ruiz? I know teams have connections throughout the league and within the college and agent ranks. If true, Ireland certainly threw a curve ball at Miami, who had to adjust and move in other directions.

where's the post where we foiled the chargers plan to draft Tua? This is the draft, poop happens and you adapt.

Thank you for the second round pick NO.

Here, here.

Everyone is a post draft genius when they have the power of hindsight. You could literally do this with just about every selection.

Dolphins got it right.

There was only one player they had to have.

IMO Ruiz was a massive reach by the Saints. I’m sure he will succeed because they have a solid OL unit. That being said, he played 5 games at RG, in 2017, in his time at Michigan. To cut Warford before Ruiz has played a snap in the NFL was certainly a head scratcher. The kid is a natural center. I’m not sure how high is ceiling is at guard.

all in all, if I got it right, it‘s between having Ruiz (26) and Igbi (possibly at 39) versus getting Igbi (30), Hunt (39) and a 4th round (Kindley), not sure which one I prefer on paper

Last edited:
all in all, if I got it right, it‘s between having Ruiz and Igbi (possibly) versus getting Igbi, Hunt and Davis, not sure which one I prefer on paper

We used the extra pick we got for moving back and taking Igbi on trading up for Kindly.

If Kindly doesn't work out and Ruiz looks amazing that would be a shame, but on the contrary if Kindly does pan out as well as Igbi then the moves look good all in all, unless Ruiz becomes a HoFer.

Igby is very interesting for us though, this secondary and entire defense is veeeery interesting now...

Back
Top Bottom