Thought I'd share this/Saints ruin Dolphins draft plans | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thought I'd share this/Saints ruin Dolphins draft plans

Ruiz would have played guard here. Less than ideal ask I think.

although either he or McCoy is gonna have to play guard in New Orleans

should have just taken him at 18

Though I agree that Jackson could have been taken later, there was a run on Tackles (What Miami needed more then anything after QB), and there might have also been some info someone might be interested in Jackson where by 26, be might not be there.

Guards/Centers normally go in the 2nd round, 2nd tier Tackles tend to more times then not, be taken in the 1st more often then Guards. They took a shot hoping he would still be there at 26 considering they saw no team willing to take a Guard between 19-25, and they lost. It happensma lot.

Last edited:
It's plainly obvious that many times players we should have drafted were picked up right before our pick. It's why almost every guy after Tua was considered a reach. I don't grade the FO that highly on this draft, them seem like amateurs who got outmaneuvered by real pros.
How about we see the players in some actual NFL games before judging the front office and this draft.

They may have taken Ruiz if he had been there, or they may have gone another direction.

I would have been happy with Ruiz but it did not break my heart when his name got called.

Like who?

Ruiz and Dobbins are the biggest ones. There's no reason why with owning as many picks as we did that generally every pick we made after Tua was considered a reach. Yes we all know the point in the draft is to get good players and get the pieces you need for a team, but if you're consistently drafting guys 10-15 spots ahead of where they are believed to be valued, then you aren't playing the draft correctly. You And when multiple times guys who would have been great value at the pick at a position of need for us get swooped up by teams who didn't even have a need but were just picking BPA, it's pretty easy to see that us reaching for a player in the follow-up was probably a scramble and a reaction when we were expecting other players to be available.

How about we see the players in some actual NFL games before judging the front office and this draft.

Because regardless of how good a player is, if you are drafting him 15 spots ahead of where he is supposed to be, it's not playing the draft right. You likely could have gotten the same player lower in the draft and either collected more picks, or gotten an additional good player.

I imagine we'll be waiting quite longer than usual to see our draft picks play in an NFL game due to circumstances, so we'll be debating this a while.

This is basically my attitude. Every draft we have players that I really want at certain spots, and it is rare that we actually draft them. This year we got two of my guys in Tua and Weaver.

I can go down the list of how I would have drafted, but with Flores on board we actually have someone involved that I trust.

I went into this draft with 1 rule. I will accept whatever we do as long as we don't draft Herbert over Tua. Mission accomplished!

Bro we sabotaged this roster and shipped out a DPOY candidate and what is perceived as a franchise LT to stockpile pics for this draft. There is no way I'm just gonna this organization a pass after they sabotaged the roster just in hopes of stockpiling picks only if they drafted the right QB.

Talking heads with their mocks tell you a player should go at a certain spot......so you are convinced the dolphin's FO is clueless.

I'll take a CB and a RT (who's floor is a great RG) over a center any day of the week. Let them think they stole Ruiz. I think we are laughing all the way to the bank with Noah and that extra 4th round pick.

Believe what you want. Just give it a few years before you judge. I mentioned before that we will draft players that want to be great and will be beholden to a coaching staff that develops them....and we will pass on players that already think they are good.
They also drafted Raekwon Davis with the Saints 2nd pick from last years tread.

I hate to break it to you guys but Ireland discovered Taysom Hill

And who exactly is paying him 10.5 million a year fot 150 yeards ruching 230 yards receiving and 55 yards passing

2249506980_6364e72844.jpg

Bro we sabotaged this roster and shipped out a DPOY candidate and what is perceived as a franchise LT to stockpile pics for this draft. There is no way I'm just gonna this organization a pass after they sabotaged the roster just in hopes of stockpiling picks only if they drafted the right QB.

So what you gona do about it....

Because regardless of how good a player is, if you are drafting him 15 spots ahead of where he is supposed to be, it's not playing the draft right. You likely could have gotten the same player lower in the draft and either collected more picks, or gotten an additional good player.

I imagine we'll be waiting quite longer than usual to see our draft picks play in an NFL game due to circumstances, so we'll be debating this a while.
Who decides where a player is supposed to be picked? How exactly do you know that you could have gotten that player 15 picks later? So if a player YOU believe is supposed to be picked in the 3rd round gets picked in the 1st then goes on to have a HOF career that player is still a bad pick in your mind?

Who decides where a player is supposed to be picked? How exactly do you know that you could have gotten that player 15 picks later? So if a player YOU believe is supposed to be picked in the 3rd round gets picked in the 1st then goes on to have a HOF career that player is still a bad pick in your mind?

I applaud the effort, but that dude is one of several on this forum firmly entrenched all the way out in right field.

You’re not going to convince him to look at things differently no matter how many pointed questions you ask nor how many different approaches you attempt to take.

It’s just not happening.

Let me know when these guys hit the HOF and we'll talk. But yeah, at the time they still aren't very good picks if you could have gotten him 30 picks later.

I've actually forgiven the Dolphins for reaching in the past. There have been times we have drafted players like Juwan James that didn't knock you're socks off but fills a need. It happens. The most important thing is to build a good team. But this draft wasn't a normal draft. We traded a franchise LT right before the season, knowing that word had gotten out that there would be a "revolt" and that it would not go down well with the current roster. Then after trading Tunsil and getting crushed 59-0 we also "have" to trade away our top 10 pick from the year before who rightfully got disgruntled. Maybe other than Davante Parker (debatable), those two were the most talented players on the roster last year, and they were young and potential building blocks. We ended up with a pick roughly every 20 picks in the draft. This wasn't a usual draft, and we had the ability to maneuver to get almost anyone we wanted. Which is why its inexcusable to repeatedly draft players lower than their draft value. Based on the consensus of information out there, which is not 100 percent but at least generally in the ballpark, which a few major exceptions, nearly every one of our picks after Tua was a reach. That's not acceptable to me.

Back
Top Bottom