Let's see, Houck is proposing the following:

LT McIntosh, Carey, St. Clair
LG James, E. Wilson
C Mckinney, Wade Smith, Hadnot, St. Clair
RG Hadnot, Whitney,
RT McDougal, St. Clair, Carey

Of course we have the unknown FA's
Then we have the draft.

Out of all this shuffling, there has to be a solid 5, so I'm more hopeful about this OL than I've been in about 4 years.

Our OLine can be

LT Carey
LG James
C W. Smith - I really think McKinney will start again.
RG St. Clair
RT McDougle

Backups, Hadnot, McIntosh, Pape, Draft pick, I hope Whitney gets cut, a waste

I have a feeling - if we can trade out of #2 with the Vikings, we'll end up with Elton Brown, pound for pound the best Olineman in the draft and a guard Saban got to see first hand in the SEC. I also think we'll target Ben Wilkerson in the third.

So you add those two rooks into the mix and your line looks like this:

LT: Carey/McIntosh
LG: James/McKinney/Pape
C: Wilkerson/Smith
RG: Brown/Hadnot
RT: McDougle/St. Clair

everyone is forgetting wilkerson. he would be a great pick up. this is my o line
LT Carey
lg james
c wilkerson
rg hadnot
rt mcdougal

Carey HAS to be more athletic than McIntosh. I think Houck will make him into a very good LT. When Wade Smith was drafted he could also have been projected as a center. He still has a lot of talent and I would love to so see him beat out McKinney.

I still think that we will see Jason Ball reappear this year. He was a HH guy, but his agent was crazy( I heard him on the radio saying his client would not put out 100% unless he got a raise)and that got him cut. If healthy he is a good option.

has mckinney ever played guard? Would that be a better position for him?

finsgonewild said:
has mckinney ever played guard? Would that be a better position for him?

He played guard when Nails got hurt. He actually played very well there.

McKinney was very good at calling the line-calls in college. It's just something about being here that messed him up. Wade Smith probably can handle the calls well, IF Hudson works with him quite a bit in camp.

Back
Top Bottom