Thoughts for next season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts for next season

I don't think we will trade anymore draft picks unless it is to get more draft picks in return.

FIN54FAN said:
We can take a qb in the latter rounds or get one in next years draft.

thats what's been said for the past ten years and we have had F-grade talent at QB since Dan left.

afishfan said:
If we are thinking ahead....then let's start w/ you forgetting about the fact you think we will be 7-9...NO WAY...this team is better than .500. We have WAY TOO MUCH TALENT and depth to go 7-9....the only way that happens is if everybody gets hurt.

I agree that we'll be better than 7-9, but lets not forget that our offense is still far from a well polished unit. It is true that Feeley showed sparks and the offensive line began to gel late last season. We also hired Linehan at offensive coordinator, Hudson Houck at offensive line coach and got a veteran quarterback who knows the system in Gus Frerotte. I think that will definately help the offense for next season. Coupled with the defensive changes and the likely drafting a running back (Brown or Benson), I say we go 8-8 or 9-7 in Saban's first year.

afishfan said:
If we are thinking ahead....then let's start w/ you forgetting about the fact you think we will be 7-9...NO WAY...this team is better than .500. We have WAY TOO MUCH TALENT and depth to go 7-9....the only way that happens is if everybody gets hurt.

i disagree. the afc east is the best division in football, and let's face it: the other three teams are better than us, even the f'ing jets. i'd love for the fins to suprise and go 10-6 or something, but i think that 7-9 is much more realistic and would be an okay start to the saban era. i for one am not looking for immediate returns. close to .500 this year and a wild card spot next year would be fine, but i want to see saban to build a super bowl caliber team by '07.

I'm not sure any of us knows how good or bad this team is because of
the coaching the past five(really nine years.)

Mcduffie81 said:
I personally hope we fill both our Qb and Rb need THIS draft. Qb #2 overall then barber/fason later in the draft sounds good to me. Next year we need to focus alot on defense starting with DT.

I agree we should fix both this year, but I think it would be better for us to go RB, then QB.

Phishstix said:
i disagree. the afc east is the best division in football, and let's face it: the other three teams are better than us, even the f'ing jets. i'd love for the fins to suprise and go 10-6 or something, but i think that 7-9 is much more realistic and would be an okay start to the saban era. i for one am not looking for immediate returns. close to .500 this year and a wild card spot next year would be fine, but i want to see saban to build a super bowl caliber team by '07.

Before the massacre that was last year, this team averaged 10 wins a season, had no problem beating the Jets and Bills, and could have just as easy beat the Pats, as we did last year. We lost our franchise RB, our two starting DTs, had a rookie O-coordinator that was clueless, an O-line that was brand new (Coached by even more incompetence), a head coach that was unwilling to change, while to afraid to take any chances, and a QB controversy that made both participants uncomfortable.

This is a different year, we will have a good to great RB, a true O-coordinator that knows what he is doing, a O-line that has some experience, and coached by the best in the business, our two DTs will be back, our HC has a plan, and does not have fear to take chances, and a starting QB will not take half a season to finally be named. This team could do as bad as only win 9 games, or they could do as well as win 12....don't be fooled by last years disaster.

fish fan 4 life said:
Why Benson or Brown?We need a franchise Qb.Im not saying there is one in this draft but it takes longer to develope a Qb then a Rb.Unless u think Feeley is our Qb for the future.I would draft a Qb with our 1st round pick and take a RB with our 3rd or 2nd if we get one.There is alot of depth at Rb in this years draft.

Geez, since you don't think there is a franchise type QB in this draft, we should draft Rodgers or Smith anyways ???? What are you saying...draft a QB just to be drafting a QB ?? Not with the #2 overall pick...that is way too risky to do...If Saban drafts one of these two guys, his tenure here will be marked by that pick...If he turns out to be a bust, do you think he wants that ?? I'm not sold on any of the top 6 guys myself. They might all look good in aqua and orange, but taking a QB that high is a real risk...

But you have to remember that grooming a QB takes longer than grooming a RB and that QBs last longer so we better draft a QB before a RB, unless you can get a WR to use to help groom the QB once you have it.

tay0365 said:
Before the massacre that was last year, this team averaged 10 wins a season, had no problem beating the Jets and Bills, and could have just as easy beat the Pats, as we did last year. We lost our franchise RB, our two starting DTs, had a rookie O-coordinator that was clueless, an O-line that was brand new (Coached by even more incompetence), a head coach that was unwilling to change, while to afraid to take any chances, and a QB controversy that made both participants uncomfortable.

This is a different year, we will have a good to great RB, a true O-coordinator that knows what he is doing, a O-line that has some experience, and coached by the best in the business, our two DTs will be back, our HC has a plan, and does not have fear to take chances, and a starting QB will not take half a season to finally be named. This team could do as bad as only win 9 games, or they could do as well as win 12....don't be fooled by last years disaster.

okay. you say a 9 win season would be bad; i'd be thrilled with a 9 win season. i hope things go great and we make the playoffs, but i'm not going to set myself up for disapointment by setting high expectations, especially while looking up at the pats.

Back
Top Bottom