Thoughts for next season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts for next season

fsu_nole4life

The Game
Reaction score
I know it's early but here is just some thoughts to ponder on. I've been reading articles on Saban and I see that he keeps emphasizing the point that we are not trying to make this a Super Bowl team in ONE year, rather make this a team that is set up for years of success.
That being said, unless San Diego offers us that Rivers trade or someone trades up with us, I see us taking Brown or Benson this year. With our team we will prolly get around 7-9. With that mid-first round spot Saban may make move to trade up and get Linhardt (spelling). We would then have our franchise back and quarterback.

Just thinking ahead.

hm...maybe. If we take a RB this year (hopefully Brown), then a QB in the draft next year is fairly likely. I doubt we'll trade up for ML tho...chances are he'll be top 3, and it'd take an absolute fortune to trade into that spot.

Fitz said:
Vince young?

True. I forgot about him. He is going to be a good one, versitile and a gun slinger. What year in college is he though?? cuz i dont think he'll be elidigible next year

Why Benson or Brown?We need a franchise Qb.Im not saying there is one in this draft but it takes longer to develope a Qb then a Rb.Unless u think Feeley is our Qb for the future.I would draft a Qb with our 1st round pick and take a RB with our 3rd or 2nd if we get one.There is alot of depth at Rb in this years draft.

fsu_nole4life said:
True. I forgot about him. He is going to be a good one, versitile and a gun slinger. What year in college is he though?? cuz i dont think he'll be elidigible next year
ITs his choice if he wants to leave or not next year.

fsu_nole4life said:
I know it's early but here is just some thoughts to ponder on. I've been reading articles on Saban and I see that he keeps emphasizing the point that we are not trying to make this a Super Bowl team in ONE year, rather make this a team that is set up for years of success.
That being said, unless San Diego offers us that Rivers trade or someone trades up with us, I see us taking Brown or Benson this year. With our team we will prolly get around 7-9. With that mid-first round spot Saban may make move to trade up and get Linhardt (spelling). We would then have our franchise back and quarterback.

Just thinking ahead.

I disagree. If were looking to the future then I would see us drafting a QB or WR. RB's can be found easily. With a good OL, above average QB and talented WR's, The offense can make a decent back a good RB. I.e. Denver.

Robfinfan said:
I disagree. If were looking to the future then I would see us drafting a QB or WR. RB's can be found easily. With a good OL, above average QB and talented WR's, The offense can make a decent back a good RB. I.e. Denver.

That is true too. The only reason i thought it up the way I did is because we have an opportunity this year to get a RB with a bright future, and there really is only ONE QB this year who could be a franchise QB and he might be taken by San Fran.

I don't think that we should ever make a trade for Phillip Rivers, he might be a good West Coast offense QB or in another system but Linehan's system requires someone with an arm like Feeley and Frerotte.

fsu_nole4life said:

Just thinking ahead.

If we are thinking ahead....then let's start w/ you forgetting about the fact you think we will be 7-9...NO WAY...this team is better than .500. We have WAY TOO MUCH TALENT and depth to go 7-9....the only way that happens is if everybody gets hurt.

fish fan 4 life said:
Why Benson or Brown?We need a franchise Qb.Im not saying there is one in this draft but it takes longer to develope a Qb then a Rb.Unless u think Feeley is our Qb for the future.I would draft a Qb with our 1st round pick and take a RB with our 3rd or 2nd if we get one.There is alot of depth at Rb in this years draft.

Yeah, but there are NO franchise type quarterbacks in this year's draft dude, we gotta go with Benson or Brown with our first pick.

MarksBrothers85 said:
Yeah, but there are NO franchise type quarterbacks in this year's draft dude, we gotta go with Benson or Brown with our first pick.

Smith will have a great carrer. :fire:

I personally hope we fill both our Qb and Rb need THIS draft. Qb #2 overall then barber/fason later in the draft sounds good to me. Next year we need to focus alot on defense starting with DT.

I would rather us get a Q or a WR in this years draft and then find a way to trade up and get DeAngello.

Mcduffie81 said:
I personally hope we fill both our Qb and Rb need THIS draft. Qb #2 overall then barber/fason later in the draft sounds good to me. Next year we need to focus alot on defense starting with DT.

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom