Thoughts from the Eagles Win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts from the Eagles Win

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I only saw the second half, plus game highlights but here are some of my thoughts.

* This coaching staff has the team focused. Kudos to the players and their efforts. This team fights and fights.

* Down 28-14 this offense caught on fire. Fitzpatrick saw mismatches with Parker and Gesicki and made Philadelphia pay. Maybe that was an adjustment the coaching staff made.

* Pass blocking was mostly a positive.

* Rowe's play in the endzone saved the game. Great effort. If not for that we'd be talking about Sanders missed extra point.

* Best game I've seen from Parker. He's putting together a nice season.

* Gesicki is really coming on. I wish he would stop trying to leap over defenders, though. Too much chance to get hurt.

* Got to love Fitzpatrick. He still has those cringe worthy throws every game, but he competes and gives it everything he has.

* Laird looks good out of the backfield.

* The trick play for the touchdown was nice.

* Defense wasn't great, but made some key stops.

that 2 point conversion to Laird was a hell of a catch. We may have a solid #2 RB in him.

Pass rush improved slightly with Taco back but obviously we need more there.

I do think that with Parkers emergence as well as Gesecki coming on we may be better off than we think at the offensive skill positions . Add in a healthy continuing to improve P.Williams and it starts to look even better

Fitz gives the team and FO a legitimate chance to evaluate everyone everyone on the offensive unit.

Parker and Gesiki seem to have dropped their nuts. And a old Wiley QB seems to have a firm grasp on putting players in a position to succeed.

Parker finally growing up before our eyes, is a welcome sign.

As for the Eagles....it shows how short your window to compete for SBs is limited without a top end signal caller.

I only saw the second half, plus game highlights but here are some of my thoughts.

* This coaching staff has the team focused. Kudos to the players and their efforts. This team fights and fights.

* Down 28-14 this offense caught on fire. Fitzpatrick saw mismatches with Parker and Gesicki and made Philadelphia pay. Maybe that was an adjustment the coaching staff made.

* Gesicki is really coming on. I wish he would stop trying to leap over defenders, though. Too much chance to get hurt.

These are my favorite points...

First one shows further that this is a very good staff from top to bottom

Second one was key IMO because after they went up 28-14 we bounced back and scored immediately when was the last time that happened? Got right back in a game that was getting away from us. Which goes back to the first point

Gesicki is finally being used as he needs to be used, he isnt a great blocker but is a mismatch guy and can high point like a monster, low and behold when he is used as a mismatch and the ball is thrown up he looks like a very good TE. Which goes back to the first point!

Only thing I would add would be O'shea's play-calling in general has gotten stronger and seems to attack teams weak point fairly well. Most analyst have said his calls have been very good but the execution (ballage missing a lane or OL missing a block) is what lacks from time to time. And you have to imagine that will improve as the roster is developed and guys get more coaching.

Probably a big reason why Rosen is on the bench.
I have to think there is more to not playing Josh than we don't want him killed...hope i'm wrong

Fitz is on one of his rolls and seems to be bonding with DVP and Mikey G...good things happening let's see if we keep on keeping on

I have to think there is more to not playing Josh than we don't want him killed...hope i'm wrong

Fitz is on one of his rolls and seems to be bonding with DVP and Mikey G...good things happening let's see if we keep on keeping on
Good point on his connections with Parker and Gesicki. I think he's the type of quarterback that will give players like that, who can go up and win the 50/50 battles, their shots. More conservative quarterbacks might be different in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom