Thoughts on Amon-Ra St. Brown? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Amon-Ra St. Brown?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I think this guy could be a steal in round 3 (if he lasts that long). He would be a great fit for us. Very good route runner and a physical player.

Wondering what the everyone thinks of him as a prospect? Is he fit? What round will he go? Likes and dislikes?

I keep seeing him mocked around the 3rd round. I think he's a good player and a little underrated. He's doesn't pop, or necessarily wow on tape, but I think he's solid.

I like him more than most here... I'd take him in the second and think he'll be an excellent slot receiver who can also run some flanker downs due to his size. He gets open... his hands are very good. Smart kid; speaks multiple languages... outworks most players.

If he slides to our third round pick, I think he'd be a criminal pass.

We should be done taking receivers by pick the third round. At the top of the draft, at least.

Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney..then some drop off for me..then guys like Bateman and Marshall Jr and Elijah Moore and Rondale, Eskridge..etc.

It's a deep WR class, no question..But I want one of the top 10 guys and i dont see St. Btown as one of them..frankly.

I would take Pitts @ 3 or maybe get him if you can trade down a spot with ATL and then go for a RB like Travis or Najee or Toney @ 18 or even trade down again there...the more picks the merrier..and still get a marquee guy! Deep at WR for sure and there's at least 3 RB's i Love..and even Sermon could be a steal from Ohio State in third or so round if he falls.

I am a USC fan but this guy is kinda meh to me. His brother hasn't done much either, even with Aaron Dodgers throwing to him. If he's available in round 3, maybe but no higher for me.

I was high on him initially if we decided to double dip on receivers, but Amari Rodgers has passed him as the guy I wanna see Miami draft. Rodgers is giving me some Jarvis Landry vibes with his strength toughness and ability to play the slot

From an LA guy and USC alum (grad) - This guy should be better than he is, if that makes any sense. Mr Universe father, track star mother, trained, and eaten as a pro athlete since birth. Lifelong 4.0 gpa type, hard worker, weight room strong, great technique and route knowledge, as he's been learning wr since pre school. Good body control, consistent experienced hands.

But- not particularly big or fast, not explosive. Just didn't dominate that often. Solid, hard to see him completely failing given his background. Good value in the 3rd-5th rd...but so are a ton of war's in this draft.

Dont like his game, looks slow.

I have no idea what Miami's FO is planning or looking for at WR.....for me
They need to move away from this love affair with big,slow catch radius WRs.

They need SPEED, SPEED and more SPEED!!!!

I'm not stopping at 1 wr in the draft

If they are keeping parker I feel they need a compliment to his style thus SPEED(D.Eskridg,Waddle) Then I'm looking for a slot/jet sweep guy(K.Toney,Atwell) and for good measure I'm looking for another WR late.

He has good size and is a good route runner with good hands but he lacks in athleticism.

Probably a solid workman like career guy.Has been compared to Juju Smith Schuster due to the USC connection but I don't see him being as good.

3rd-4th round guy who does not seem to fit what the Fins need right now but will probably be a decent NFL WR.

I watched that kid dominate in HS as Mater Dei. One of the HS best receivers I’d seen a long while.
I didn’t see him play much at USC, but have little doubt he’ll develop into a good WR at the next level.

I see him as good receiver, not special, 5th round value. He is projected to go in the 3rd round, so the consensus has higher opinion of him.
That's what I see when looking at him purely as an NFL prospect.

Nothing about the kids game flashes IMO.

Steady. Reliable. Rather pedestrian.

I think D Felton (Ucla) w/ his versatility would be a better selection for the phins

Now, if Miami were to have drafted a USC WR.... it should have been Pittman (selected by Indy) last yr

Back
Top Bottom