Thoughts on Fins finally getting recognition an then getting a beat down! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Fins finally getting recognition an then getting a beat down!

They lost by a touchdown. The Jets lost by more than 3 and scored a total of 0 points last game. Not really quantifiable. The Broncos have had decent games and they showed that this week to an underprepared Fins team. Acting like they got a "beatdown" when they were in position to tie the game at the end is just flat out wrong.

1. Ran the ball at will
2. Sacked quarterback like 8 times
3. Dismantled the offensive line with 100% pressure the whole game
4. Stopped Fins Defensive line except for 1st drive.
5. Threw perfect passes with 8 sec of time to wide open receivers
6. Had the ball the whole game, Defense on the field the whole game
7. forced 3 and outs all day
8. Score was irrelevant to me I was more concerned with getting smacked around.

like I said it's only one game. Im not bashing or giving up on the team. I told my son before the game I didn't have a good feeling about this game.

I’m almost 100% sold on Flores as a great coach, but two things that stick out to me as problematic are timeouts and challenges. We have shown poor time management a lot this year, and have let several key plays that could have been challenged pass by. Need to get that cleaned up quickly.

I’m less sold on Tua as the franchise QB right now. Still think he’s it, but far from certain. I get that it’s a really tough ask to produce with the horrid running game and WRs we have, but generational talents don’t let that keep them under 100 yds passing in half their games. Coming off injury, no preseason, no weapons, I get it. But if he doesn’t turn it around sharply the last half the year we certainly need to keep our mind open to drafting someone else next year.

Simply put, Fangio exploited our weakness's the way a good coach will. The other guy's get paid too. One surprise was the unexpected was the way our OL was routed. We have come to expect better from them and they were schemed into confusion and mis-matches. The DL and more specifically the LB's have not gotten off blocks to stop the running game, we have just scored enough to get ahead and take them out of the run game. We still had a chance. If there is a silver lining, it is a great teachable moment for the young guy's. The especially includes Mr. "not so tough" Tua...

The hype was there for the taking. It just didn't happen.

It's only one game, but they got handed a beating like they were beating teams the previous 5 weeks.

Teams are aware. I wouldn't sleep on the Jets. Better prepare harder! They way the Broncos ran the ball yesterday ouch and the made Drew Lock look like Drew Brees!
Skipping ESPN for the week.... It's gonna be brutal...

Meh. Miami was an INT in the end zone after an 86 yard drive away from tying it. Yes those numbers are putrid but they had a shot.
Miami was an INT away from tying the game ONLY because Flores yanked Tua and put in Fitz. If he had done this earlier, Miami would've had a better chance of winning. I know everyone will say that it's only Tua's 4th game and he's a rookie, but IMO he doesn't look or act like he belongs playing with the big boys.

Tua has shown plenty of good before last night. He even had some good last night. He belongs playing in the NFL, no doubt in my mind.

How many wins in a row did we have, masked by a 7pt loss causing people to now go full moron.

The intelligent posters will see what I did there.
Full moron...is that what you call members who think the team was beaten down yesterday? An intelligent poster wouldn't post such garbage. See what I did there?

Denver was the more physical team.
Denver had 6 sacks, Miami had 0
Denver had 459 yards, Miami had 223
Denver had 189 yards rushing Miami had 56
If not for that Gordon fumble, Denver wins 27-13.
Miami was beat down on both sides of the ball.

Game was not as close as that 20-13 score would indicate.

I agree, and if it weren't for that X Howard INT then we may not even score a TD all game. Defense was bad and offense was terrible. How long has it been since we had a 100 yard rusher? We're aren't there yet to actually compete in the playoffs, this game was a friendly reminder.

Miami was an INT away from tying the game ONLY because Flores yanked Tua and put in Fitz. If he had done this earlier, Miami would've had a better chance of winning. I know everyone will say that it's only Tua's 4th game and he's a rookie, but IMO he doesn't look or act like he belongs playing with the big boys.

Yep. Nothing to argue about your point.

I'll take 5-1 over six games with a stinker any day. It happens. Christ we have a rookie qb playing his 4th game, a year removed from almost having his career ended. People on here would put their dog down for breaking a nail.

Denver came out and played angry, they hadn't won in a month. We played like we believed our press clippings and were not prepared. After all of that we still were one pass from tying the game. You can play the if's and but's all you want. Can do that for both teams. It was a loss, they were man handled. Bring on the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom