Thoughts on Giovani Bernard? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Giovani Bernard?

Greer17

Club Member
Reaction score
I have always liked this guy. He seems to have a great burst, good vision and has great hands. I think he is 29, but the Bengals just cut him. I would love for us to take a non guaranteed flyer on him to see what he brings to the table. The Bengals have always appeared to have terrible lines, but if we are strengthening ours, I think he could do well.

Love Gio! With that being said I think Gaskin is more than serviceable in the role he would potentially have in the offense. We are better at the position than most give credit for when healthy. If we were to draft a back I'd love to see Williams, that's my draft crush.

I have always liked this guy. He seems to have a great burst, good vision and has great hands. I think he is 29, but the Bengals just cut him. I would love for us to take a non guaranteed flyer on him to see what he brings to the table. The Bengals have always appeared to have terrible lines, but if we are strengthening ours, I think he could do well.
He had a nice career with the Bengals but I really don’t see him as a RB who would add anything that the RB’s already on the roster can’t do. I prefer they draft one of the top three RB’s in this draft and stick with the RB’s they already have on the roster.

Always liked him. Haven’t seen him play in a couple of years. He’s probably better than the guys we have.

Edit: just looked up his stats. He’s been non-existent for 3+ seasons now. Pass.

He is NOT better than any of our current top 3 RBs ... which is why CIN let him go ...

No thanks ...

We are much better than most give credit for with our RBs ... certainly, no Pro-Bowlers or Hall of Farmers ... but just plain solid ... and budget friendly ...

I really like Gio as a player but as others said he doesn't bring anything new or better to this RB room.

Gio is great if you have a workhorse RB getting most of the snaps. In those situations he can come in for change of pace and play a game or two a year as a starter if needed. Anything past that and it's a diminishing return. Flo and co probably want RBBC to some extent which isn't well suited for Bernard.

We have Gaskins + Ahmed as the smaller, shifty backs. We have Malcolm Brown for goal line and short yardage situations. And we'll add one running back in the draft to round out the unit. There is no need for Bernard.
Ahmed was/is good when healthy people on here were sleepin..

I really like Gio as a player but as others said he doesn't bring anything new or better to this RB room.

Gio is great if you have a workhorse RB getting most of the snaps. In those situations he can come in for change of pace and play a game or two a year as a starter if needed. Anything past that and it's a diminishing return. Flo and co probably want RBBC to some extent which isn't well suited for Bernard.
I was thinking along similar lines then I looked up his stats. Ouch he hasn’t done much the last 3 seasons. Like really minimal productivity.

Seriously??? Don’t know why I need to say this but NO THANKS

i dont see any need for a veteran castoff RB. We signed two this offseason, of of Gaskins or Ahmed will still have a role and god willing we draft one of the big two (Harris, Ettiene)

He is NOT better than any of our current top 3 RBs ... which is why CIN let him go ...

No thanks ...

We are much better than most give credit for with our RBs ... certainly, no Pro-Bowlers or Hall of Farmers ... but just plain solid ... and budget friendly ...
If he was the coach probably wouldn't play him anyway... ;)

Back
Top Bottom