Thoughts on Kellen Mond as our Backup? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Kellen Mond as our Backup?

Kellen Mond as our Backup QB?

• Yes, I would take him round 3

• Yes, if we can land him round 4 in a trade up.

• Yes, if we can land him round 5-7

• No thanks, not a fan.

Results are only viewable after voting.

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Wanted to see what people thought of having Mond as our backup QB going forward as a developmental prospect? I like the tool this kid has and I think could be a nice QB to have sit behind Tua. You can never have enough QBs.

Issue arises as to where he will go in the draft. Most seem to think round 3. Is that too rich for Miami? Given we have 4 picks round 1 & 2, I would think about it round 3, but ideally want him day 3.

Given the hype he got from Simms and the exposure he's getting on the networks now, I doubt he'd make even through the 2nd round. I am not opposed to drafting him if he's there for us in our first 2nd round pick. I would take the Stanford QB in the 3rd round .. he strikes me as a real sleeper and the most heavily high school recruited QB back in the day.

I was all for Brock Purdy (Iowa St) as an understudy, but, he went back to school

That said, I would not protest if they acquired Ian Book on day 3

If he is there in round 5, yes

Sure I'd take him in round 5 through 7 ... but he'll be long gone. We have a lot of holes that need filling, and we're going to look to fill them with BPA level talent that is there in this draft. Mond would be a luxury pick, and we don't really have room for a luxury pick.

IF we were to go that route, I would very much prefer MILLS ... though it is pretty doubtful that he lasts til day 3 ...

I like kellen mond. I think he’s a better QB than Trey Lance

Davis mills I don’t get the train that’s taking off there. He’s now getting first round hype. I think mond and Jamie Newman are superior QBs to Davis mills

Wanted to see what people thought of having Mond as our backup QB going forward as a developmental prospect? I like the tool this kid has and I think could be a nice QB to have sit behind Tua. You can never have enough QBs.

Issue arises as to where he will go in the draft. Most seem to think round 3. Is that too rich for Miami? Given we have 4 picks round 1 & 2, I would think about it round 3, but ideally want him day 3.

If, by "going forward," you mean a backup starting 2021, won't happen. I doubt Flo will want to dress 3 QBs and he will want a vet as backup/advisor. If you mean long-term, I 'm fine with one of 4-5 names, Mond being in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom