Thoughts On Lamar Jackson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts On Lamar Jackson?

All valid points. But man the kid is very exciting to watch and we haven't had that in a while. I cant speak on the mental aspects of his game. Is he a film junkie, how well he comunicates,coachable, etc

Exciting Wins >> wins >> exciting players to watch

His IQ is the big concern for me, I know you can't trust the wonderlic but back that up with the comments folks have made about him being a project on the white board then that has to be an issue. Wouldn't touch him at 11, but if we trade down, he because a more attractive choice. Would take a flyer on him in the 20's or so, especially if we had gotten a high 2nd for the trade down.

NM the IQ.....he's just not accurate which is the hardest thing to get. You either have it or you don't and he doesn't have it. Would I draft him in the 3rd round if we don't get a QB before that? Sure but he won't be there in the 3rd and anything earlier than that would be a bad move

I am so torn on Lamar Jackson.

Here’s why I DON’T like Lamar Jackson

1) He’s making bad decisions pre-draft. I really don’t give a crap about the Wonderlic. He’s put his mother in charge of businesses decisions, and I do not trust ayone’s mama to be unbiased and businesslike when it comes to her children.

2) His footwork freaks me out. It’s not even AWFUL, it’s just off such a narrow base. It’s weitd, and I don’t know if it works at the next level.

Here’s why I DO like Lamar Jackson:

1) This has been understated. Lamar Jackson spent 2017 trying to get ready for the NFL. In brief, he stopped trying to be a runner and started trying to use his mobility to buy more time as a pocket passer with unique talents. If you ask me about 2016 Lamar Jackson! I think he gets killed in the NFL. Not so much now.

2) This “Poor man’s Michael Vick” narrative is nonsense. Michael Vick, at his best, had a much slower delivery that Lamar Jackson has right now. And Vick was never as accurate as Jackson in college.

If I see the word "exciting" used in conjunction with this wannabe again I think I will throw up.

I will walk... I promise, I'LL WALK... if that guy winds up on the Dolphins.

Total 180-degree-opposite fit for this franchise and coaching staff, being propped up by his local homie contingent and the PC crowd. That genre of QB IS NOT THE "FUTURE" in the NFL.

Mobility at the QB position is the single most overrated and overhyped facet of football at any level today.

Only outside the top 20 picks then ya better get more picks in the deal for paddling the odds.

Maybe take a chance if he is still available in the 4th round. Using any pick before that would be a waste on such a project at QB.

Only two scenarios where it makes sense to draft lamar;

1. You're a football player and I'm the coach, you'll do what I think helps the team win games whether that is throwing passes, playing RB or filling water cups on the sideline.

2. We're going to create a specific offense for your talents

Major project as a thrower. Not accurate, does not show good vision. More of an athlete than QB at this point. He can become a free agent in 4 or 5 years and his development may take almost that long, so GM's lose much of the gains from drafting him high. Given that his strength is in his running ability, I can see why teams are considering him for other positions.
Not close to true. The same issues you mention are true for the "all-American" boys Rosen and Baker. You can't possibly think Rosen with all his so called ability is that far ahead of Lamar considering most scouts question his athleticism and accuracy AND durability. Lamar doesn't fit the "prototype" but I'm in the camp that thinks he can do what Watson did under the right tutelage. Not at 11 but in the 20's...absolutely.

Seems like he isn't getting any love like the other top QBs. I know college stats doesn't always translate. I have seen this kid play through our his college career. It was just see TV. Potential to throw a bomb or take it to the house on every position. All these other QBs could be busts but at least if he sucks he at least brings athleticism and speed to the team. I have heard he isn't tall enough, not accurate enough but I call bull on that. Other QBs with worst stats have been considered top picks,why not him? I would draft him,let him sit for a year. That kid can ball. I think he ends up best QBs in draft. Felt the same about Wilson when he came out. They didn't like him either.

I guess he he last till the 3rd quarter, he could be a good backup, but still rather go with Falk.

Dumb as a rock and inaccurate. Pass.

And yet he still gets it done. As one who is probably slower than most mentally, I resent comments like this. Not everybody is blessed with amazing mental processing power. I know I struggle. However, I can over come most things through hard work and dedication. It just takes me longer to get there than others. In this case, I don't see why Jackson couldn't do it either.

I hope Jackson is there in round 2 and we take him. I would love it if he was able to prove people wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom