Thoughts on last year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on last year

JAREDMANN

Seau's Slut
Reaction score
Did anyone else think Miami was not nearly as bad as theri record last year and actually should have won many of the games they played. I noticed especialy at the end of the season that the dolphins would totally out play teams and then still lose. Also we never got blown out every single week like the 49ers, browns, titans etc did. I know i watched every game and thats what i saw. I also drove down to seattle to watch that game and Seattle fans were all over their players because they were getting dominated by the phins. Finally i think we showed last year that we learned to do something that in previous years we couldn't and that was come back from large margins to get back into the game, we did it most notably against Seattle and the Pats. I thank Mr. Feely and the development of our Receiving Corps for that. If Feely plays this year i think he would be an exact model of Marc Bulger with lots of yards and td's with alot of picks and Bulger Qb aint bad if you got the D to back it up which we do.

JAREDMANN said:
Did anyone else think Miami was not nearly as bad as theri record last year and actually should have won many of the games they played. I noticed especialy at the end of the season that the dolphins would totally out play teams and then still lose. Also we never got blown out every single week like the 49ers, browns, titans etc did. I know i watched every game and thats what i saw. I also drove down to seattle to watch that game and Seattle fans were all over their players because they were getting dominated by the phins. Finally i think we showed last year that we learned to do something that in previous years we couldn't and that was come back from large margins to get back into the game, we did it most notably against Seattle and the Pats. I thank Mr. Feely and the development of our Receiving Corps for that. If Feely plays this year i think he would be an exact model of Marc Bulger with lots of yards and td's with alot of picks and Bulger Qb aint bad if you got the D to back it up which we do.
2004, what 2004? For some reason I can't seem to remember that year at all, what's going on?!?!?!?!?

yes i totaly agree with you i think we were in a whole lot of game we could have won .

i maintain that we are the best 4-12 team ever :D

but seriously... we were close in at least 6 other games... could easily have gone 8/10 wins with motivation.

I just think that there was so much negativity surrounding Ricky, Boston and too an extent Feeley/Fiedler.

finsnchips said:
i maintain that we are the best 4-12 team ever :D

but seriously... we were close in at least 6 other games... could easily have gone 8/10 wins with motivation.

I just think that there was so much negativity surrounding Ricky, Boston and too an extent Feeley/Fiedler.

Very true. That's exactly why I think the playoffs are a very real possibility this year.

I'm glad we were horrible last year. Look what it's left us with. No more wanny, no more Fiedler, and a very positive outlook.

Other then the Jets game, we were in every other game, and could have won any of them if we had not lost our BOTH our starting DTs, had an O-Coordinator that had at least half a clue what to do, a little better running game, and a Head coach that was not afraid to actually coach, take chances, and make changes at half time when it needed to be made.

This year we get our DTs backs, have a legitimate O-coordinator, will have a better more consistent RB (I hope) then we had last year, and our Head Coach wants to win games, not try not to lose any like our past head coach.

They were bad last year, the poor coaching was terribly obvious. Everybody was making mistakes on every side of the ball for the most part. The only time we were better than the record was after Wanny left.

dj911 said:
yes i totaly agree with you i think we were in a whole lot of game we could have won .

Hate to break it to you, but that's the difference between 4-12 and Superbowl champs. The Pats were in a lot of games they could have won (or just as easily lost). They won. They rarely blew anyone out. They just won every game that could've gone either way.

islandah said:
Hate to break it to you, but that's the difference between 4-12 and Superbowl champs. The Pats were in a lot of games they could have won (or just as easily lost). They won. They rarely blew anyone out. They just won every game that could've gone either way.

I think there's a bit more difference than just winning close games. To me, the biggest differences are discipline, execution and a lack of mistakes. These things have been missing from this team for a while now...

byroan said:
I'm glad we were horrible last year. Look what it's left us with. No more wanny, no more Fiedler, and a very positive outlook.
Why is Ray Lucas in your sig?

Back
Top Bottom