Thoughts on missing the playoffs/Wanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on missing the playoffs/Wanny

Wannysux

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Like all Dolfans I'm dissapointed the 'Fins missed the playoffs this year. I really thought we had the talent this year to not only make the playoffs but go deep into them. 5 of our 6 losses were to playoff teams and with the exception of the Tennessee game all of the losses were fairly close games we could've won. We're the only 10-6 team that didn't make the playoffs this year. Doesn't it seem unfair that Baltimore is in with a 10-6 record and we beat them? I've never been a big Wannstedt fan but in today's NFL where head coaches come and go like the wind I can see Huizenga's reasoning for keeping him. With a 42-25 record including the playoffs and four consecutive winning seasons it's hard to fire a coach with that kind of record. On the other side of the coin, 1 playoff victory in 4 seasons is nothing to brag about. We could always get someone worse. What NFL coaches are available that could get quick results? Hiring a hotshot college coach doesn't always work either. Look at Spurrier and the Redskins. Too bad we couldn't get Parcells before Dallas did. Oh well, mabey hiring a GM will improve things. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see!

Originally posted by Wannysux
Like all Dolfans I'm dissapointed the 'Fins missed the playoffs this year. I really thought we had the talent this year to not only make the playoffs but go deep into them. 5 of our 6 losses were to playoff teams and with the exception of the Tennessee game all of the losses were fairly close games we could've won. We're the only 10-6 team that didn't make the playoffs this year. Doesn't it seem unfair that Baltimore is in with a 10-6 record and we beat them? I've never been a big Wannstedt fan but in today's NFL where head coaches come and go like the wind I can see Huizenga's reasoning for keeping him. With a 42-25 record including the playoffs and four consecutive winning seasons it's hard to fire a coach with that kind of record. On the other side of the coin, 1 playoff victory in 4 seasons is nothing to brag about. We could always get someone worse. What NFL coaches are available that could get quick results? Hiring a hotshot college coach doesn't always work either. Look at Spurrier and the Redskins. Too bad we couldn't get Parcells before Dallas did. Oh well, mabey hiring a GM will improve things. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see!

Good post. We need more people like you around here. We have too many people that think hiring a new Head Coach would get this team over the hump. There is no coach otu there as good as Wanny. Period. BTW, welcome to Finheaven!

Suprisingly good post from someone with that screen name. :up:

Back
Top Bottom