Thoughts On Ross Football Smarts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts On Ross Football Smarts

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

As we watch another disappointing season unfold I'm left to imagine what the future might hold for the phone.

I start with what I think I know about Stephen Ross #1 he is a smart man,football smart? I think so here is why I feel that way.

He wants his team to be an attraction thus all the celebrity owners & game day stadium happings, and based on statements
Wanting an exciting offense I belive Ross gets that as fans we crave excitement but that isn't why I feel he has football smarts.

Two decisions made by Ross lead me to believe he has the right eye for hiring a good football coach,
When Ross attempted to hire Jim Harbough it was the right decision (wrong execution ) the second decision he has made is in not
Firing Sparano at this time.
While I wont go as far as saying he is "trying" to lose he gets what's at the end of a disaster season & is willing to benefit for it.

As for the reports about Gruden not a surprise we heard last year he was chummy with chucky,I also feel Gruden as first choice is telling in that it fits his desire to have an offensive team.
Gruden may well allow Ross to keep Ireland aswell Gruden had Bruce Allen in oak. & TB Allen works for Washington now,perhaps allowing for a Gruden/Ireland marriage.

Something I feel important to keep in mind is Ross IMO wants an offensive minded HC so should Gruden not work out
I'd say look for offensive coaches I could see the next tier of guys like a Mike Martz on Ross list.

I'm willing to trust Ross based off his desire to get Harbaugh it says a lot to me.

Ross is lost in the woods IMHO. He needs to understand that winning football IS the attraction.
The rest of the stuff is cheap garbage.

Ross IS playing to lose he wants to start from scratch with a new HC and QB question remains "who" will coach and who will be drafted the franchise QB and will Ireland be canned

Absolutely zip for football smarts and I am really starting to question his general smarts considering how much influence he lets someone like Jeff Ireland have on him.

Back
Top Bottom