Thoughts on Rousseau? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Rousseau?

Robinson?! Puke. Maybe take a flyer in the 6th.

I suspect this class is rich with edge players. I see Robinson in the same category with Rousseau and Joe Tryon, from what I've seen. Basham is in that category too, although a little bigger so he may not be as effective dropping back.
Definitely something to keep an eye on late day 2 and day 3, to see if someone drops to pick him up for depth at edge.

Sounds like another former #3 pick DE/OLB with a short resume but plenty of "measurables" and "tools".

Once bitten,

He is no Dion Jordan. Not even close IMHO. Greg had as many sacks in one year of playing (14 games) as Jordan had in 4 (45 games). I think Rousseau has a much higher floor. But he might not end up an elite pass rusher. He is supposed to be hard working and even keeled as well. The reason not to touch him early is that he is a little raw, and he sat this year. But I think he is with of a late first rounder easily. If he drops to the second, run the card up there.

Last edited:
If we scored both Sewell and Rousseau, I would do the freaking happy dance.
I would rank that as one of the worst 1st rounds. Setting our franchise back as much as taking Tanny.

Rousseau is bust. Even on his team I like Roche better.

I would rank that as one of the worst 1st rounds. Setting our franchise back as much as taking Tanny.

Yeah, not a fan, I feel like we already wasted capital with Iggy last year. Can he get better? Sure but I just don't see him being worth that first especially when we could have locked up our next RB and not have to use that pick for it this year. I certainly would not say Sewell is a waste but that 1B pick better be a WR and I hope we come up a little to at least take a stab at the third WR available, most likely Waddle.
I am not saying we don't need a DE but not after taking Sewell with our first pick, we really need a top shelf WR after that, If we trade down and get extra picks and have our WR in tow I would be OK with rolling the dice.

Last edited:
Yeah, not a fan, I feel like we already wasted capital with Iggy last year. Can he get better? Sure but I just don't see him being worth that first especially when we could have locked up our next RB and not have to use that pick for it this year. I certainly would not say Sewell is a waste but that 1B pick better be a WR and I hope we come up a little to at least take a stab at the third WR available, most likely Waddle.
If Waddle is a consolation prize sign me up. He's still one of my overall favorites in this draft

Roche would be fine if we were looking for an edge setter... I want a pure pass rusher, and that is Rousseau.

I would rank that as one of the worst 1st rounds. Setting our franchise back as much as taking.

Lol. u mean the guy who got better every year and dragged an average roster and terrible coaching staff to the playoffs before getting hurt and misdiagnosed by his teams doctor?

The guy who’s been a pro bowler caliber player the last 2 years?

This setback we’re going through is absolutely miserable.

I actually like Phillips more as an overall pro prospect, but tbh, we simply haven't seen enough of Rousseau. Classic boom or bust prospect.

It was definitely hyperbole, but it's like buying a nice car before you have a nice house.
Exactly. Nice on paper until we are facing 3rd and long next year throwing to the same group of scrubs. We have a couple weapons (often hurt) but no real deep threats to open up the offense. We better be picking some offensive weapons in the first two rounds (and I mean guys that actually touch the ball).

Yeah that would be a terrible draft right off the board.

Give me Devontae with 1A and Waddle with 1B. Leaning with a RB in 2B
Sure just make it Harris for the Bama Trifecta. You guys do realize there are other good players out there right?

Sure just make it Harris for the Bama Trifecta. You guys do realize there are other good players out there right?
Harris is too slow. Not super interested in him.

Would go with Sermon on Day 3 or Williams out of UNC on late day 2/early Day 3.

Last edited:
It was definitely hyperbole, but it's like buying a nice car before you have a nice house.
I would say Sewell would be a nice cornerstone on any house, lol. I am a playmaker guy and would think they are the car in this scenario.

I hope we trade down get a WR and extra picks, I think that would make most of us pretty happy.

I don't have a particular issue with either of the picks individually, but passing on WR with both picks would be brutal.

Back
Top Bottom