Thoughts on Rousseau? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Rousseau?

Devontae Smith is too slow. Not super interested in him.

Would go with Sermon on Day 3 or Williams out of UNC on late day 2/early Day 3.
He is a great player and would love to have him, just not married to one player. If we come out with Chase, Smith, Sewell or Parsons it will be a great start.

He is a great player and would love to have him, just not married to one player. If we come out with Chase, Smith, Sewell or Parsons it will be a great start.

Smith is better value than all those players you listed.

Smith is better value than all those players you listed.
Better than Sewell? Doubtful. It is your opinion and that’s fine but I would bet a weeks pay that 9/10 GM’s would take Sewell first. I feel pretty confident that if we do not trade down we will not select Smith.

That would tell you who they value more and our opinions won’t mean jack.

Last edited:
Better than Sewell? Doubtful
Value. Yes. He is better than Sewell for his value. I asked you a few days ago to tell me why Sewell is so good and I still haven't heard any answer from you on that. And I don't care about stats or whatever, I am asking how his strengths and weaknesses (including length) factor into the value.

Value. Yes. He is better than Sewell for his value. I asked you a few days ago to tell me why Sewell is so good and I still haven't heard any answer from you on that. And I don't care about stats or whatever, I am asking how his strengths and weaknesses (including length) factor into the value.
I can answer this.

Because if you have a smaller... fragile... less than mobile QB, and we do, you need a DOMINANT blind side protector. Not average, not plus, dominant.

You are dead if your QB goes down. Game over. Season over. Time to book your tee time.

Penei Sewell is the top rated blind-side protector in the last decade.

Book it.

Literally ANY reputable scouting service has him listed as the #2 prospect in this draft class behind Lawrence. He was the Outland Award winner as a Sophomore. He has allowed one sack on over 1300 snaps. He would protect our QB’s blindside for 10+ years. He is versatile to be able to shift from LT to RT.

Smith weighs 175 dripping wet, has great hands and great route running but he is 22, Sewell is 20 and still scratching the surface on his abilities. Never heard the word “generational” with Smith. Chase may be the better prospect and was clearly the best WR last year on a team that had Jefferson! Hey I love Smith but you can make arguments about Waddle and Chase in the same breath. Sewell stands alone and for good reason.

You Bama guys let alligience to your university cloud your judgement on what is best for your pro team.

Literally ANY reputable scouting service has him listed as the #2 prospect in this draft class behind Lawrence. He was the Outland Award winner as a Sophomore. He has allowed one sack on over 1300 snaps. He would protect our QB’s blindside for 10+ years. He is versatile to be able to shift from LT to RT.

Smith weighs 175 dripping wet, has great hands and great route running but he is 22, Sewell is 20 and still scratching the surface on his abilities. Never heard the word “generational” with Smith. Chase may be the better prospect and was clearly the best WR last year on a team that had Jefferson! Hey I love Smith but you can make arguments about Waddle and Chase in the same breath. Sewell stands alone and for good reason.

You Bama guys let alligience to your university cloud your judgement on what is best for your pro team.
Absolutely.

I’m not a Bama guy. I actually dislike bama and I played college football at another school, so I have no reason to like Bama. I like a few players that come out from Bama Because they produce top talent.

you did what exactly what I said you would. Giving me stats instead of actual game analysis. You haven’t even watched a single game of Sewell’s so your making no sense there, champ.

for good measure why don’t you try taking a crack at why Chase is better than Smith. I’ll be waiting for the day that analysis ever comes

Lol. u mean the guy who got better every year and dragged an average roster and terrible coaching staff to the playoffs before getting hurt and misdiagnosed by his teams doctor?

The guy who’s been a pro bowler caliber player the last 2 years?

This setback we’re going through is absolutely miserable.
Yes I exactly mean taking Tanny set this franchise back 10 years. Said it the day we drafted him (you can go check). And here we are 10 years later finally fixed that mess.

I’m not a Bama guy. I actually dislike bama and I played college football at another school, so I have no reason to like Bama. I like a few players that come out from Bama Because they produce top talent.

you did what exactly what I said you would. Giving me stats instead of actual game analysis. You haven’t even watched a single game of Sewell’s so your making no sense there, champ.

for good measure why don’t you try taking a crack at why Chase is better than Smith. I’ll be waiting for the day that analysis ever comes
Champ? Well happy New Year to you to. I don’t have time to watch a lot of college football as I work a lot of Saturdays and I prefer to watch Pro Football. I am sorry do you know more about football than McShay? Kiper? Our Lads? Rivals? I don’t know ANY scout that you know actually makes money doing this stuff?

I will take a stab at it and say no, too busy listening to certain homers that sit in their boxers, on their couch in their double wides telling everyone how great player X is while seemingly always pumping up a certain university. Maybe you just think you are that good. How much did you make last year in your “expert” analysi?

I will take professionals views that actually you know MAKE money doing this stuff. Next time I want investing advice should I call you? Someone else on Finheaven? How about I listen to Warren Buffet.

How about you troll someone else “Champ”.

Last edited:
Champ? Well happy New Year to you to. I don’t have time to watch a lot of college football as I work a lot of Saturdays and I prefer to watch Pro Football. I am sorry do you know more about football than McShay? Kiper? Our Lads? Rivals? I don’t know ANY scout that you know actually makes money doing this stuff?

I will take a stab at it and say no, too busy listening to certain homers that sit in their boxers, on their couch in their double wides telling everyone how great player X is while seemingly always pumping up a certain university.

I will take professionals views that actually you know MAKE money doing this stuff. Next time I want investing advice should I call you? Someone else on Finheaven? How about I listen to Warren Buffet.

How about you troll someone else “Champ”.
Lol.

only came after you called me a Bama Homer. But that’s fine. You good.

Back
Top Bottom