Thoughts on Rousseau? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Rousseau?

Lol.

only came after you called me a Bama Homer. But that’s fine. You good.
I want offer an apology. I promised myself I would do better. At the end of the day most of the people that gather here are Dolphin fans. I took you to be an Alabama fan due to your avatar and that you chime in a lot when Slimm/Pachy is on here.

I have nothing against Bama, as I watched them a lot when I was young. But sometimes they are overzealous in their perceived slights be it their players, program, coach, etc....

So I am hitting the reset button, have a great day and go Phins and Titans!

I want offer an apology. I promised myself I would do better. At the end of the day most of the people that gather here are Dolphin fans. I took you to be an Alabama fan due to your avatar and that you chime in a lot when Slimm/Pachy is on here.

I have nothing against Bama, as I watched them a lot when I was young. But sometimes they are overzealous in their perceived slights be it their players, program, coach, etc....

So I am hitting the reset button, have a great day and go Phins and Titans!
All good! I am just an Horry fan from the Lakers/Spurs day hah.

Rousseau is one of the few players who I think had a legitimate reason to opt out. His mom is a nurse that works on the front lines. He saw what that did to her which is why he opted out because he wants to take care of her so she won't have to work & be in that position ever again.

As a player GR is still more of an football player than a DE. As CK listed his measurables he is freaky long (& GR confirmed in an interview w/Daniel Jeremiah that he's currently 266 lbs but played 2019 at 244 lbs) & will put up good numbers at the Combine. If you watch last year's tape the majority of his production was when he lined up inside over the center or guard. He won't get that opportunity in the NFL. He has very little tape of consistently beating a tackle around the edge on the outside which is what he'll be asked to do. His production against tackles came when he disengaged from the tackle as the QB stepped up into the pocket or tried to run. I would take him somewhere between 12-25 but I wouldn't expect a big return in year one.

The best pass rusher in this class is Jaelan Phillips. Another athletic freak. He has twitch, juice, moves, hands, tenacity, production, scheme versatile, good against the run... If he checks out medically & teams are satisfied with his music career answer he'll be a top 12 pick.

Gainwell is another one; he had four family members die from Covid.

Teams are going to gamble on quarterbacks and pass rushers.

I think Rousseau is a wildcard for top 10.

I just can’t help myself but to see Dion Jordan when I think about Greg Rousseau. As another pointed out theirs just not enough tape and I totally agree with the poster that said some of those 15 sacks are misleading. I see an extremely raw guy that is getting the hype based off of measurables instead of consistent production. A team like Baltimore or Pittsburgh that can afford to gamble with their 1st pick is a good spot for him bc he won’t be counted on right away to produce. He’ll be given the chance to learn and grow into his role. Although I’m not sure he fits with either Pitt or Baltimore bc I think he’s a 43 DE and not a stand up outside 34 rush backer but I could be wrong. I just use Pitt or Baltimore as examples bc of where they are as a team and not their schemes.

I’ve stated this in other threads but the other Miami(FL) EDGE guy Jaelen Phillips is a better player than Rousseau right now and I think he will be a better pro as well. I absolutely love Jaelen Phillips and then he’s going to be a consistent 12-15 sack a year guy. This is a guy I would be thrilled to see Miami take even at #18 I’d at the very least consider him although I know he’s got a 2nd round grade on him right now but after pro day and the combine I believe JP will jump into round 1. I’d feel better if we could trade down from #18 to say 25 or beyond if we were going to take JP as I think we’ll probably have to wait on him for a year or so similar to GR but I think JP will impact quicker than GR and like I said I believe JP will be a better player than GR when all is said and done.

No one is talking about Greg Rousseau.

I am real curious to see which team bites. Can’t believe we have a site with this many Canes fans and Rousseau isn’t talked about.

Do most feel he’s not special and tried cashing in one the sophomore sack total?

I could see the Eagles (especially if Roseman stays) Giants, Panthers in the top 10.

Out of the top 10 pretty much almost anyone could grab him.

Anyone have a strong opinion on the guy?
I can’t shake the vision of Rousseau eating jelly donuts all off-season

I just can’t help myself but to see Dion Jordan when I think about Greg Rousseau. As another pointed out theirs just not enough tape and I totally agree with the poster that said some of those 15 sacks are misleading. I see an extremely raw guy that is getting the hype based off of measurables instead of consistent production. A team like Baltimore or Pittsburgh that can afford to gamble with their 1st pick is a good spot for him bc he won’t be counted on right away to produce. He’ll be given the chance to learn and grow into his role. Although I’m not sure he fits with either Pitt or Baltimore bc I think he’s a 43 DE and not a stand up outside 34 rush backer but I could be wrong. I just use Pitt or Baltimore as examples bc of where they are as a team and not their schemes.

I’ve stated this in other threads but the other Miami(FL) EDGE guy Jaelen Phillips is a better player than Rousseau right now and I think he will be a better pro as well. I absolutely love Jaelen Phillips and then he’s going to be a consistent 12-15 sack a year guy. This is a guy I would be thrilled to see Miami take even at #18 I’d at the very least consider him although I know he’s got a 2nd round grade on him right now but after pro day and the combine I believe JP will jump into round 1. I’d feel better if we could trade down from #18 to say 25 or beyond if we were going to take JP as I think we’ll probably have to wait on him for a year or so similar to GR but I think JP will impact quicker than GR and like I said I believe JP will be a better player than GR when all is said and done.
There was a Miami insider last spring who said that Phillips was immediately superior to Rousseau in spring practice, to the point it became quickly accepted among the coaching staff and defensive players. Within days of seeing both side by side. I think I posted that link somewhere here.

I didn't watch closely this year. Phillips has the superior high school resume. That's normally what I look for. But in this case I would prefer Rousseau. As soon as I saw him as a Cane he reminded me of an LSU player. Meaning freakish looking narrow athlete but raw. I believe I posted that LSU impression here regarding Rousseau very early in 2019 before he became a starter.

Back
Top Bottom