Thoughts on this suggestion of a new FO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on this suggestion of a new FO

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
IMO Miami is already out of the Luck sweepstakes and may even be out of the top 5 by the end of the season. So with that in mind, this is a suggestion of a possible FO for after this year.

GM = Mike Mayock
HC = Pete Carmicheal Jr. or Rob Chudzinski (I like Jr. as my first choice but these guys are innovative and know how to use a TE to win)
QB = Brandon Weeden

IMO there's not a better talent evaluator in Mayock plus he is fresh and driven, not to mention rumored to be interested in becoming a GM. Carmicheal has been learning for a few years about offensive play and even though Payton has an influence in the Saints offense I think Carmicheal has earned a shot. He has an attacking mentality and is creative getting every weapon involved. Finally, Weeden is growing on me every week. I know he is older, 28, however I would rather have 7-10 years of really good QB play than keep picking guys in the second round. Weeden has all the tools so even if he is older he has plenty of years to take us to the super bowl. I think Weeden is our most realistic shot at a QB considering Luck won't happen and Barkley may not even come out this year.

IMO Miami is already out of the Luck sweepstakes and may even be out of the top 5 by the end of the season. So with that in mind, this is a suggestion of a possible FO for after this year.

GM = Mike Mayock
HC = Pete Carmicheal Jr. or Rob Chudzinski (I like Jr. as my first choice but these guys are innovative and know how to use a TE to win)
QB = Brandon Weeden

IMO there's not a better talent evaluator in Mayock plus he is fresh and driven, not to mention rumored to be interested in becoming a GM. Carmicheal has been learning for a few years about offensive play and even though Payton has an influence in the Saints offense I think Carmicheal has earned a shot. He has an attacking mentality and is creative getting every weapon involved. Finally, Weeden is growing on me every week. I know he is older, 28, however I would rather have 7-10 years of really good QB play than keep picking guys in the second round. Weeden has all the tools so even if he is older he has plenty of years to take us to the super bowl. I think Weeden is our most realistic shot at a QB considering Luck won't happen and Barkley may not even come out this year.

besides the fact that mayock has, to my knowledge, never been involved in any front office work, why would Mayock leave the NFL Network? he gets paid a king's ransom to provide his "expert" analysis and doesn't have to suffer the consequences if he's wrong.

besides the fact that mayock has, to my knowledge, never been involved in any front office work, why would Mayock leave the NFL Network? he gets paid a king's ransom to provide his "expert" analysis and doesn't have to suffer the consequences if he's wrong.

I wouldn't leave either but he has been rumored to be thinking about that kind of change. If he does though I would take him over anyone else.

I would give it a shot... Obviously for the past 40 years hasnt been working so might as well... I do agree if mayock picks a qb in the 1st round he is an upgrade... I think mayocks philosyphi is just bc u got a player playin good in one position doesnt mean u cant draft the same position you are strong at... I always believed in drafting your strength it makes players a better football player... Like i wouldnt mind drafting someone to compete with vontae davis or jake long... Or any other position u think we are good at... Obviously u gonna draft bpa in the first 3 rounds bt if i was the phins i would draft does type of players in the later rounds

Depending on our draft position a lot of guys might stay away from the fins if they beleive that they cant get their guy. Look what the Raiders gave up to get Palmer because he has strong ties to the HC. Look at the bum Carrol brought in from the Vikings even though Whitehurst help get them into the playoffs and I think Hassleback help them win the first round.

Back
Top Bottom