Thoughts On Trading Down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts On Trading Down

Dolphins del

Active Roster
Reaction score
What are your opinion on trading down a few times in the 1st for extra picks for either this year or next years draft then trading the late first for rosen

What are your opinion on trading down a few times in the 1st for extra picks for either this year or next years draft then trading the late first for rosen

I doubt there's a nearly definite answer until Miami's on the clock. who's available? What are the team's priorities? what is their player ranking? I'm not against moving down, but it depends on if a stud falls to #13

I doubt there's a nearly definite answer until Miami's on the clock. who's available? What are the team's priorities? what is their player ranking? I'm not against moving down, but it depends on if a stud falls to #13

This.

Never trade down in advance of the draft because:

1. You don't know who exactly is available at your pick (someone you really like might drop)
2. Someone could drop that you don't need but another team really wants (best opportunity to sell high)

If you want to trade down, trade down when you're on (or about to be on) the clock.

Ummmmm you had me until you blew the whole thing up by mentioning Rosen. I'm 10,000% against acquiring Rosen … even if it costs a conditional 7th in the year 3,000. I don't want that team-destroying guy in our locker room. Hope that clears up my opinion.

As for trading down, yes, I'm all for that. I'm also in favor of trading out of the 1st round entirely if we get enough resources, and I'm particularly in favor of trading out of our 2019 1st for a 2020 1st plus more draft picks. We're not building for next year, we're building long-term, and we get more value doing it that way. We already know we're going to be bad in 2019, so there's no reason to accept less in the long-term.

Trade for Rosen???

resized_easy-mkay-meme-generator-its-a-bad-idea-mkay-b7df0a.jpg

For certain I would be into trading back to acquire more picks. We have a lot of holes across the board. More picks the better. I would like to see if someone falls in our laps again ala Laremy Tunsil and Minkah Fitzpatrick. If QB's are coming off the board the way most mocks anticipate, we might have a prospect still on the board that has no business being available. Now whether or not we can leverage that situation to best benefit or organization remains to be seen.

Exactly. The idea of trading down merely for roster fillers makes no sense to me. Have to know who's available. I think it's highly unlikely top 10 talent doesn't fall to 13 as QBs and combine warriors move up.

This.

Never trade down in advance of the draft because:

1. You don't know who exactly is available at your pick (someone you really like might drop)
2. Someone could drop that you don't need but another team really wants (best opportunity to sell high)

If you want to trade down, trade down when you're on (or about to be on) the clock.

Well said.

Trading down is the easiest way to get draft capitol. And I expect the team to do it.

Maybe with Indy - trade down to 26, pick up a 2nd this year and a 1st/2nd next year.

At pick #13, I don't see why we couldn't trade back and get the Raiders #24 and #27. Our team has way too many holes to fill, so I have no problem getting more picks. If we cant get the QB at #13, then absolutely trade back.

First things first. Arizona will not get a 1st round pick for Rosen from any team.
I dream about trading down but I agree you do it when you're on the clock and not before. You don't want to pass on a potential great player to get another pick but moving down for the right price it's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom