Thread about everything and nothing. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread about everything and nothing.

cafinfan408

Punching Bag
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok I must say this post will probably be way to long and annoying.
Im think im going to touch on everything a little bit.

Just on finheaven this site has half way died off for me as of late.
I still read quite often but post not nearly as much.
The way that everyone has to be on one side of the coin is a little to much for me.
Way to much bashing but it comes with it I guess.

Lets start with the coach
As far as just Tony by himself im sure we can get a better game manager out there but thats not the whole thing.
I think I put most personal decisions on Jeff Ireland because that is his main job.
I think the same guy who gave Tony his big chance was the same guy holding him back by surrounding him with old dogs. Tony seems to have a good pulse on the team and they seem to like him except maybe Henne and thats probably the most important relationship.
I think I convinced myself Tony should get one more year with his own OC.
Last year the problem was the D and he fixed that with the hire of Nolan.
If he gets canned I do understand though.

Moving on to the Qb.
I never really thought I was a Henne supporter until I came on here.
I would say its now 90% vs 10%
But it started around 50 50
He lost his support this year by his play and his play alone.
The best a-like I have heard is Kerry Collins with a strong O line and running game he "can" get it done.
This year the entire O has come apart.
We all know what he cant do and what he can do.
The market for a new Qb looks grimm.
We will be picking to late for Luck and Probably Newton.
Mallet=Henne.
Mcnabb is no solution here, Orton with the right OC I could probably see.
I expect the hire a New OC and we probably go with what he thinks is best.

Running backs...
Well I expected way more from 2 step Ronnie seeing how its a contract year thats about that.
Ricky is the perfect number 2 STILL.
I would love to have Ricky back next year but we will see if he wants to do that with Ronnie gone.
The other 2 guys I could really care less about.
Polite has been so hard to watch this year.
His run blocking has fallen off the map and I see no reason to have him on the field.

Wr's
*sigh*
So misused is all I can really say.
Bess is not made to lineup outside.
Marshall is clearly not happy with Henning from his many quotes on the Irvin show this year.
Just look at the routes we run compared to other teams.. seriously..
Its amazing to me whenever I see a team throw a checkdown and get more than 3 yards.
Unlike most here I think Hartline can be a number 2.

Te.
Why bother.

OL
We have Jake Long and a bunch of guys who are avg at everything.
Last year we had a OL that could run block very well and avg at pass protection.
I think you need a OL that that can do one of the two very well...
We clearly do not.
Maybe Jerry will get better with a year maybe not.
Im ok with Richie being the our 2nd best guard not our first.
Boy it would be nice if we had a Center who could walk up to the line point out some blitz's or do anything of that sort.
Berger could start for a team with some strong guards around him but without a upgrade at guard he should probably not be starting here.
All of our backups are bums. I actually miss Donald Thomas at least he played with fire and could get to a linebacker every now and than.

The defense as a whole will stay legit if Nolan stays.
We need to Retain Tony Mcdan
He plays very well when he gets the PT.
We have depth at De and Solali will be here next year one way or another.
Very different than the D line that lead the Giants to a Sb this D line helps the dolphins decide the games they play in.

The Lb's
Very tricky here,
Dansby has been what we thought and thats just fine.
Crowder "when healthy and inspired" is a ok number 2 the be inside.
Dobbins should only be used in running situations and Hopefully Edds can cover as speculated.
Wake and Misi are a strong combo Misi moves his hips way better than I thought he would *NH*
Moses should also only be used in running situations but he has had a okay season and might be retained.
Francis reminds me of Matt Roth to be honest.
I dont know if that is good or not.

The secondary
Funny how things work out...
You would think Smith would be able to handle bigger Wr's and Davis would be solid vs the smaller guys..
BUT
Davis has most of his struggles vs smaller Wr's he owns just about every large WR he plays.
He is locked in at corner no problems with me.
Smith is played very well in his new role.. I have no idea how to explain his new role or what position he plays now.
He plays all over the field and takes up a lot of the QB's sight with his big frame.
Starting to use his hands more during the play and not using them to finish the play though.
His tackling has been vastly improved though.
Benny Sapp has played a very good slot corner all year for us.
Playing the slot you are going to get beat for 1st downs from time to time it happens.
He understand the coverage and reads routes very well. He jumps screens and tackles pretty well for a smaller guy.
Carroll looks like a rookie corner out there.
Drops a game ending pick vs the Browns
Makes a very good read on a route vs the Jets and gets a pick than right after he bites on the same thing and gets beat deep by Holmes who thankfully dropped a gimmie.

Bell has been solid this year and getting one more year from him at this level will be okay.
He is getting older but he still has his legs and is built like a brick house.
I have no idea why Clemons did not start last week.. He played in the second half and played well..
He has had a GREAT year as a first year starting FS in the NFL.
People say he has bad ball skills but I think he has very good ball skills he just does not finish well he always gets there but he is a perfect fit in the Miami secondary because he has no hands.
Good tackler flys around the field and closes very well coming downhill to make tackles.

The special teams have not been special at all.
Carp is a legit kicker I dont find him as great as everyone else but he is nice.
putting a big 0-4 hurts though.
The return teams have been okay...
Bess is suitable
I really like Carroll returning kicks holds the ball very odd but he picks a lane and flys.

Ireland has done a legit job putting a roster together that is full of talent and can get the job done.
The people pulling the strings just have not done what it takes.

VW we know Matt Ryan would of sent this team in a different direction only a fool would fight that..
We didnt pick him we are not the Falcons lets get off the nuts a little.

Okay we can go back to the bashing threads and mopey Finheaven I have to get used to now.

Ill probably go back to posting more in the offseason when most the children go away.

Lets end this with a list of the Qb's who will probably be in or have a solid chance to play in the playoffs this year.

Brady,Sanchez,Joe Flac, Ben Roth, P Manning, Gerrard, Cassle, Rivers, E manning, Mike Vick, Cutler, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, and whoever out the NFC west.
Henne just does not fit that list right now.

A thread about nothing you say
seinfeld1-1.jpg

I think you're pretty spot on on everything. I think most people have forgotten about Edds (rightfully so, he hasn't played even lol) But I have high hopes for him, I hope he can develop into a good #2 next to Dansby. I remember hearing how he was a TE and that helped him vastly in coverage.

Back
Top Bottom