Thread Start Requirements | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread Start Requirements

E30M3

///Member
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With all the controversy and arguments going on here, are you guys considering putting restrictions in place on new members who can start threads? It's hard on us to filter through all this BS and have a viable conversation without repeating ourselves over and over and I'm sure its double for you guys to weed through and move all this stuff. Are utilities in place to do that kind of thing?

We just merged a bunch of similar threads but the idea of being an established member (at least 20 or so posts in threads) to get thread starter status is a good one.

We just merged a bunch of similar threads but the idea of being an established member (at least 20 or so posts in threads) to get thread starter status is a good one.
Completely agree. Maybe even a certain amount of likes which posters are happy to hand out here. At least it shows you are contributing and not just posting to get to a certain level.

I think now would be a great time to implement such a thing

I'd go further than 20 though. Make it like 50-100

We will discuss this in the next staff meeting
Henrik is in the process of moving back to Florida so if we do anything it will be a few weeks from now most likely
Thanks for the input

With all the controversy and arguments going on here, are you guys considering putting restrictions in place on new members who can start threads? It's hard on us to filter through all this BS and have a viable conversation without repeating ourselves over and over and I'm sure its double for you guys to weed through and move all this stuff. Are utilities in place to do that kind of thing?
There was far too many threads started with basically the same theme.

There is no automated way of handling this. The options that we have would be very labor intensive as it would a moderator would need to manually approve any post or thread from a user with say less than 20 posts.

I'll see what other options could work.

There was far too many threads started with basically the same theme.

There is no automated way of handling this. The options that we have would be very labor intensive as it would a moderator would need to manually approve any post or thread from a user with say less than 20 posts.

I'll see what other options could work.
I'm just spitballing but couldn't there be some form of valuation placed on the number of posts given or likes received to unlock thread making ability? Sure, the mods will keep needing to mod but this will at least keep those with less than say 250 posts and 50 likes from being able to begin a thread. It also adds relevancy to them needing to earn the privilege by embracing the culture and contributing.

You guys have any updates to this? It's getting pretty bad now and possibly worse. I'm sure you dont like erasing and monitoring the same sh*t over and over.

Can I start a new thread on this very same subject?
I’d call it “Starting A New Thread - Requirements”

Mods
You can all claim overtime rates today.
Thanks for the effort

Back
Top Bottom