Three Different Quarterbacks, Three Unique Draft Possibilities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Different Quarterbacks, Three Unique Draft Possibilities

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Who the Dolphins end up with at quarterback will certainly determine how the offseason and draft unfolds. If Peyton Manning is indeed the #1 target then I think there's a real good chance he ends up in Miami. Now that Green Bay has said they won't franchise tag Matt Flynn he's a real possibility as well if the team determines that Peyton is too big of an injury risk. Robert Griffin III is most likely out of reach, but I will include him in the conversation as well.

A Peyton Manning Offseason/Draft
I'm assuming that Manning will come with a low cap number and an incentive based contract. If that's the case the Dolphins could score a few weapons for Manning in free agency. The focus would have to be the offense line and maybe bringing in a receiver who Manning is familiar with. The downside of taking Manning is obviously his health and the fact that the team would have to take a qb high in the draft.

The draft...
1. Luke Kuechly LB Boston College or Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
2. Kurt Cousins QB Michigan St.
2. Vince Curry (trade up #3 and #5) Marshall
4. Josh Chapman DT Alabama
6. BPA
7. BPA

A Flynn Offseason/Draft
With Flynn, the Dolphins would be set for the present and future at quarterback so they wouldn't be pressed to take a qb early in the draft. His cap number would make free agency a lot tougher on Miami meaning they'd have to solve a lot of other problem areas in the draft.

The draft...
1. Luke Kuechly LB Boston College or Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
2. Vince Curry DE/OLB Marshall or Levy Ad**** OT Oklahoma St.
3. Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette
5. B.J. Coleman QB Chattanooga
6. BPA
7. BPA

A Griffin III Offseason/Draft
It looks like it would take about three #1's to land Griffin III, which likely puts Miami out of the picture. However, assuming they make the trade the upside to Griffin III is that his salary cap cost would be low meaning the Dolphins could get some players in free agency over the next couple of years somewhat negating the high trade cost. Without spending money on a qb in free agency, maybe the Dolphins could land Mario Williams and then move onto the draft.

The draft...
1. Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
2. Levy Ad**** RT Oklahoma St.
3. Ladarius Green TE Louisana-Lafayette
5. Ryan Browles WR Oklahoma
6. BPA
7. BPA

We probably won't have our current 2nd in a Griffin trade,and our 3rd's debatable also.

if we get peyton, i could see us trading back into the first to get tannehill if someone doesnt reach for him in the first. but take Luke Kuechly LB Boston College or Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama. in the second i think we have got to get a te. in the third we go after a pass rusher or the qb from asu if he falls to the third.

Back
Top Bottom