Three Dolphins Facing Big Tests In Joint Practices With Tampa Bay

Anvil35

Leave Users Titles Alone!!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think it’s a great idea. It’s a way to test your ones vs their ones. The danger is young players trying to make a name, laying out a star because it’s not a teammate
Someone from the Texans, i think, was told to go home for the day recently for just that reason. Looked it up - google the story and it was Texans versus Packers - some rookie corner...

nick1

I am Groot
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
When exactly is this practice I figured today was the start. They probably have Thursday off. That leaves 2 days for practice

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd agree with that. It is a competition on Sunday but these guys are all members of this exclusive fraternity and they constantly share and steal from one another. With the way players and coaches move around odds are some of those guys on the other team will be playing or walking the sidelines together in the near future.

In any case I don't think its a big deal one way or the other. I'm sure going against a different team gives the coaches and players the opportunity to work on things they may not be able to against their teammates and at the same time they may be getting fewer reps and real practice time.
I'm from the UK. Been a Phin for 35yrs. I used to play Safety/Cornerback and coached a little. I love my sports. I used to play football (both types ;)), cricket and rugby. I have never heard of another sport where you play another team in a pre-season 'practice'. It makes no sense. Pre-season squads have enough numbers and depth to practice against. If any competition is required then surely that's an actual pre season game. There is no value in these practices especially when you obviously can't go 100% and have zero intensity. It's just a pointless excersise imho. I'm asking. When did this suddenly become the norm?

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm from the UK. Been a Phin for 35yrs. I used to play Safety/Cornerback and coached a little. I love my sports. I used to play football (both types ;)), cricket and rugby. I have never heard of another sport where you play another team in a pre-season 'practice'. It makes no sense. Pre-season squads have enough numbers and depth to practice against. If any competition is required then surely that's an actual pre season game. There is no value in these practices especially when you obviously can't go 100% and have zero intensity. It's just a pointless excersise imho. I'm asking. When did this suddenly become the norm?
I went to my first joint Bucs-Dolphins practice years ago.

fansinceGWilson

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
What's the purpose of OTAs?

Top Bottom