Three Dolphins Facing Big Tests In Joint Practices With Tampa Bay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Dolphins Facing Big Tests In Joint Practices With Tampa Bay

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_12832905.jpg

The Miami Dolphins are currently scheduled to hold two joint practices alongside their Week 2 opponent in the 2019 preseason — the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Tampa Bay, like every other team in the NFL, has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. Some of those strengths align with strengths of the Dolphins — while other strong points could be pointed to as weaknesses for the Dolphins. And vice versa.

This week of practice should provide a unique set of tests for three Miami Dolphins in particular.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-big-tests-in-joint-practices-with-tampa-bay/

Does anybody think practicing/playing against another team DURING Pre-Season is a good idea? For the record I don't.

Does anybody think practicing/playing against another team DURING Pre-Season is a good idea? For the record I don't.
I would think the coaches actually prefer it to a preseason "game". They have a lot more situational control, while still seeing players go against someone besides the same camp bodies every day.

What do you see as a downside?

I think it’s a great idea. It’s a way to test your ones vs their ones. The danger is young players trying to make a name, laying out a star because it’s not a teammate

I think it’s a great idea. It’s a way to test your ones vs their ones. The danger is young players trying to make a name, laying out a star because it’s not a teammate
That is a possibility, but I think it's less likely in a controlled setting versus a game.

I think it's a big plus in a number of ways -- all related to getting a better
more comprehensive evaluation of the kids on your roster.

The only "negative" I can see is the amped intensity can lead to injury.

I believe Vita Vea is injured and out for TB. It's a shame; this kid has been hurt since he's been drafted and hasn't played much

I think it's a good idea as long as everyone is getting enough reps. Even if they don't get as many reps, those reps are probably better anyway when you're going up against top players from other teams.

Preseason is tough to gauge because the veterans often just go through the motions. Not sure whether Suh is really one of those guys, regardless, they'll take a sack if one is available. Deiter is showing well, but he clearly is a young OL learning, so with him, like with Rosen, we need to watch the trend and see whether he repeats the same mistakes or learns from past mistakes. So far though, I've been quite happy. OL take a while to get their sea legs because their entire game is based around wrestling in pads, and all the vs. air type stuff the new whimpy CBA requires, OL doesn't really hit form until after the season starts. And well …. rookie.

By this point I would imagine that both players and coaches are ready to see some different faces.

Back
Top Bottom