Three dolphins veterans who lost with Dolphins draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three dolphins veterans who lost with Dolphins draft

Ballage didn't lose out with this draft. He lost out due to his crap production.

"production" is being generous.
IMO, Ballage, Gaskins, Laird are all in danger. Laird would be my 1st to go, but Flo kept him around

"production" is being generous.
IMO, Ballage, Gaskins, Laird are all in danger. Laird would be my 1st to go, but Flo kept him around
I'm the opposite. Ballage should be the 1st to go and laird the last. I predict laird will be our best receiving back.

Because Needham can cover inside and out, he's the next man up if any of Howard, Jones, or Noah are to miss time.

Dieter might actually be a better fit at center than guard, and now he can compete with Karras there. If he loses out, he's probably the top G/C reserve.

Ballage shouldn't be in the NFL so as long as he's collecting checks he's winning at life by far. He should be smoking cigars before and after games regardless of result.

Charles Harris tops this list for me as far as the topic is concerned. He's very likely out, IMO.

I'd think Ballage, Charles Harris and Taco Charlton are the guys that be most in danger of losing their spots on the team. The writing on the wall seemed to become clear, late last season when both Harris and Charlton were benched in favor of Van Ginkle. Now you add in all the F/A signed and draft picks selected. There just isn't any chance they make the team this year. It's money Miami saves on the cap for the next 2 seasons, by not exercising the 5th year option and releasing them in 2020. Win/Win situation for the team.

Needham will be fine. Not as many snaps in the secondary until someone gets hurt, but if we can do anything at all on coverage teams, he'll dress all 16 games.

I don't see the Dolphins cutting Dieter this training camp, but he's off scholarship and has got to show he can be a starting caliber C if he wants to be here in 2021.

The three guys who need to fear for their roster spots are Ballage, Harris, and probably Charlton. Ballage and Harris were total garbage last year, while Charlton slipped into that category after a promising start.

Am I the only one who thinks with a lil more time flo can turn taco into a chimmachanga.

Last edited:
It’s clear Ballage is gone unless he starts hitting holes. They’ll give him a look because he’s a physical specimen. Needham is just one example of proof that Flores is for real that he can clearly coach.
I don’t care what anyone says, Oline is no piece of cake in your first year, Dieter needs another look and camp before even think about cutting him.
Rough first year, but Deiter is definitely still in the mix.

I really want Ballage to do well. I enjoyed watching him at ASU, but I fear he is a short-timer now.

Needham isn’t a loser he’ll get plenty of time. Don’t be surprised to see 4-5 corners on the field at once. As long as his coverage skills don’t disappear, there will be a spot on the team in Flores defenses.

I've never disliked a Miami player more than I do Ballage. He's awful. I'd rather see our QB take the snap and then take a knee than watch him hand it off to Ballage.

He shouldn't even be invited to training camp.

TFK

I think Needham has another year; he's good enough in a secondary that has great front-line talent but still is building depth.

I actually think Deiter is going to get tried as the back-up center, and I think that's where his future is.

Ballage ... Ballage is in trouble.

How does Bobby McCain remain on this team?
Not to worry, I read something in the Miami Herald about the salary cap potentially dropping for 2021, due to financial restraints from Covid 19. The article speculates by releasing both McCain and Howard after the 2020 season they'd save $15M plus against a tighter salary cap. McCain's days are numbered whether its because Miami found his replacement or money savings, he's got one foot out the door.

Back
Top Bottom