Three dolphins veterans who lost with Dolphins draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three dolphins veterans who lost with Dolphins draft

i don't see Needham as a loser at all. he'll get playing time. Deiter is the primary back-up for all three interior OL positions and will probably also compete for starting RG

Ballage sure, he's at high risk to be cut after we got Howard and Breida

Agreed. Especially on Needham. It's too important of a position. Guys get hurt. The only thing better than having 3 corners, is having 4 corners. Needham's goal in life is to earn an NFL paycheck for another year, I think he will do it. If he gets released he'd get snagged up rather quickly.

Ballage wasn't going to make the team anyway so trading for Breida doesn't change much for KB. If anything Ballage is lucky we didn't draft 2 RB's and instead traded for someone with injury concerns. If I were Ballage, I'd want to get released now instead of August. He's got a long way to go towards finding a new home.

Deiter, if he can play, he'll play. We are far from loaded. We might've found a couple answers on the OL this year but still a lot of work to do there before things get ironed out.

Julian Davenport, Bobby McCain, Jakeem Grant, Charles Harris should be more worried than Needham or Deiter. Too some extent Rosen as well although he will play on an NFL field again before the final chapter of his NFL story is written.

In jeopardy of getting cut who played meaningful snaps last year:
Ballage, Wilson, Harris, Charlton, Davenport Tank

i don't see Needham as a loser at all. he'll get playing time. Deiter is the primary back-up for all three interior OL positions and will probably also compete for starting RG

Ballage sure, he's at high risk to be cut after we got Howard and Breida
This. Needham proved he can play but he’s not X or Jones. But he’ll play and contribute. Dieter will likely be depth. Ballage - I know he was terrible but Fitz led us in rushing w 245 yards so I don’t know what to think another anyone who carried the rock last year.

...just sayin'

Ballage behind an OL that can actually run block

+ good ground game scheme = different player!

Kid is NOT an escape artist -- just like the Lady

in NE thrived behind a highly competent OL

>> there are only a rare few Walter Payton's

in the NFL wOrld >>> we cut Ballage and he lands

in the right place -- you'll see a different "reality"

IMO.

Of course I reserve the right to be wrong!

It’s clear Ballage is gone unless he starts hitting holes. They’ll give him a look because he’s a physical specimen. Needham is just one example of proof that Flores is for real that he can clearly coach.
I don’t care what anyone says, Oline is no piece of cake in your first year, Dieter needs another look and camp before even think about cutting him.

We all know Ballage sucks but there weren't any holes to hit either when he was in there.

Upgrading Needham was more important than a lot of fans think. He was awful at the beginning of the year and he improved a lot and made some plays but he’s not a surefire starter, he may not even be a sure thing to make the team. Igbonoghene should have every opportunity to take his spot. Ballage is as good as gone, I think Laird and Gaskin are both better options, although I will say I’d like to add another RB. Hopefully someone gets cut or we add another vet. Thrilled with Howard and Brieda but both have had injury issues. I think Davon Godchaux could be affected by draft as well Raekwon Davis and Benito Jones added to the mix. I don’t think either affect his playing time this year but it gives us developmental guys who can slide into his role if he wants a massive extension or we decide to let him test FA

Needham would be the last cut of the three because as sure as the sun rises in the East, Xavien Howard is guaranteed to miss some time and Nik would be next man up. He played well the last part of the year, I'd hope he breaks camp as the backup boundary Corner.

Ehh I'd still hold out hope for Tankersely but there are some shocking guys in Free Agency at CB still i'd strongly consider targeting for cheap

1. Dre Kirkpatrick (can cover and hit may be a candidate for strong safety)
2. Eli Apple- don't know why he is available my guess is salary demands
3. Mo. Clairborne
4. Daqueez dennard
5. Aaron Colvin
6. Aqib talib (maybe try out at FS)

Gaskins and Laird found them

It was a different offense in weeks the last few weeks of the season when those guys were getting carries, as opposed to the one that lost by over 100 points combined and played musical chairs with QBs the first couple weeks because nobody could function when the QB was getting hit right after the ball was snapped.

It was a different offense in weeks the last few weeks of the season when those guys were getting carries, as opposed to the one that lost by over 100 points combined and played musical chairs with QBs the first couple weeks because nobody could function when the QB was getting hit right after the ball was snapped.

We’re splitting hairs here, he sucked and he won’t make the roster this year

We’re splitting hairs here, he sucked and he won’t make the roster this year

He might make it, Like I said athletically he blows Gaskin and Laird out the water.. Ironically thats who his main competition is going to be for 1 maybe 2 spots. He has 3 area's he has to improve at to make the 53

1. Blocking- Missed assignments were responsible for a good number of times Rosen got blasted should be better at his size in Pass Protection
2. Vision- I don't know what happened because he flashed in 2018 but we will find out how much of it was blocking
3. Pass Catching- Another HUGE disappointment, I can remember LowLights of him just letting a ball get intercepted

Basically he stunk in 2019 and some of that may be attributed to the Line settling, Rosen playing, , but you can't buy youth, size, and speed also I'd assume Miami would possibly keep him because if Jordan Howard goes down our other RB's are all 200 pounds where as Ballage is 230 so we'd need a powerback.

I don't like the premise of the article. The players didn't lose out, they dont control what the organization does. The Dolphins organization lost out because they had to spend more draft capital to reinforce OL & RB that they had spent 4th & 3rd round picks over the past 2 seasons.

Nik Needham was an UDFA. He's already exceeded expectations.

Back
Top Bottom