Three rookies are noted | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three rookies are noted

Good on Brandon Jones.

Problem is Grier cannot draft front 7 and skill position players.
Well, that is a question. I think Wilkins and Baker are a couple of building blocks.

I think we'll see more of emphasis on skill position when the foundation is much improved.

I can't disagree with you or Awsi that Davis is fine for the quality of this team right now.

I also know Jesse is a captain, so he must have the respect of the squad.

But if Hunt starts to show up in practice later in the season, I would be disappointed if they didn't give him a shot at RT.
I agree. Got to give him some game experience and see how he responds. Especially important since Tua is a lefty.

I’m sure you’ve already read it but I’m not even sure he is a tackle. I could see us putting him out there and then learning over time he belongs in a phone booth but I will reserve judgement on that until I get to see him take some sets.

I think the sec level of competition and the familiarity of playing guard in college and not transitioning to it in the pros probably plays to kindleys advantage in the here and now. I’m fully aware sec physicality and speed of play is as close to the nfl from a comp stand point as you can find in the college game. And so that part makes sense.

but I also have expectations of what a guy should look like to validate draft picks and I wouldnt say kindley looked like more than a mid round guy either. So it’s not like I’m surprised with the actual on field play we got from the player. I mean yeah if the bar is 3rd round pick a year ago dieter by all means kindley trumps that at guard no question...but past failures shouldn’t be the bar.
If Hunt isn't a RT, then that's a priority draft position for Miami. Especially with Tua being left handed.

What are they waiting for for playing Hunt? I don't understand their thinking. You only get better by playing.

They shouldn't wait to throw him in and make his mistakes when Tua's in.
If Fitzpatrick were injured, you you still be saying the same thing?

I just want to see the kids feet. See if he even has tackle feet. I have my doubts

I always thought Hunt was a guard. Seemed rather obvious. Good athletic ability so somebody who could develop at guard as long as he beefed up physically and was surrounded by rugged types on either side.

Those Louisiana pickup schools Tech and Lafayette always have very athletic rogue linemen on both sides of the ball who play like wild men but are never in shape with flabby bellies. Hunt was less pathetically sloppy than most linemen from those schools. It may have fooled scouts somewhat. But I guarantee once Hunt got into camp it stood out to the coaching staff immediately that he lagged in that area. Kindley is a different type of flab but he's naturally huge and SEC strong.

I think it's kind of a reach trying Hunt at right tackle. His feet don't suggest that, nor the pass blocking technique that I saw. Maybe the Dolphins were lured into a belief in right tackle because the Lafayette quarterback Levi Lewis is a lefty.

If Hunt is right tackle I think he'll be oft viewed chasing toward the quarterback

I’m sure you’ve already read it but I’m not even sure he is a tackle. I could see us putting him out there and then learning over time he belongs in a phone booth but I will reserve judgement on that until I get to see him take some sets.

I think the sec level of competition and the familiarity of playing guard in college and not transitioning to it in the pros probably plays to kindleys advantage in the here and now. I’m fully aware sec physicality and speed of play is as close to the nfl from a comp stand point as you can find in the college game. And so that part makes sense.

but I also have expectations of what a guy should look like to validate draft picks and I wouldnt say kindley looked like more than a mid round guy either. So it’s not like I’m surprised with the actual on field play we got from the player. I mean yeah if the bar is 3rd round pick a year ago dieter by all means kindley trumps that at guard no question...but past failures shouldn’t be the bar.
I'm well aware that many doubt he is an NFL tackle. Almost every draft site listed Hunt as an interior line prospect, even though he played tackle. Still it's clear the Fins want to at least try to develop him at OT first.

But Hunt has two different routes he can take that would at least leave me satisfied enough with the pick. The ideal scenario would be that he is the RT of the future. That's likely the only way he can justify the high selection. It would be a dream to go into next offseason without any holes in our line (aside from re-signing Karras).

But if Hunt is merely a solid guard, he can make Flowes expendable, and save us 10 million dollars the year after next offseason. He can be our main OL backup until then, where I'm sure he'll get run if he deserves it.

Obviously it would be great if we could fill the 3 biggest holes in our line with only 3 perfect picks. But if we end up with legitimate starters at LT and both guard positions, I will be plenty satisfied overall, even if it means Hunt went a bit too early.

(This is all assuming he doesn't eventually overtake Kindley's spot)

Hunt being a straight bust is my only fear.

Last edited:
Yeah he played a couple snaps in heavy sets on the goalline

it’s not very good return for a top 40 pick unless they are still thinking long term he’s a starting tackle

Absolutely. After one game, we can accurately judge the ROI.

Jettison the baggage!

I just want to see the kids feet. See if he even has tackle feet. I have my doubts

I'm sure they love Hunt and the book is far from written on him, but there's been smoke from local reporters the real target was Isaiah Wilson. They did that trade back with GB and thought they could get Wilson at 30, but the Titans took him at 29.

I'm sure they love Hunt and the book is far from written on him, but there's been smoke from local reporters the real target was Isaiah Wilson. They did that trade back with GB and thought they could get Wilson at 30, but the Titans took him at 29.

I’m not much of a fan of Wilson either as a tackle foot athlete and looks like we dodged a bullet cause he’s already been booked for a dui and placed on something by the titans. Ie not currently active for them

however if that is the case they weren’t very smart with it cause the titans lost their starting right tackle in free agency and were obvious draft targets for one going in to the draft.

I already asked this to the board before but name a non tackle top 40 pick that didn’t start out the gate on the oline league wide. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

if it’s tackle that’s a different thing and I get that and there’s serviceable vet in front of him with that right now.

frankly I’m only convinced there’s one long term ie 3 years from now current starter playing on that oline for us and it’s Austin Jackson and that’s if he does a lot of developing these next 2 years.
You're a thumbs down on Kindley?

You're a thumbs down on Kindley?

im just not convinced he’s a long term starter. I am convinced he’s quality right guard depth at least though and active depth and that’s a plus. Cause we need a top 7 at least that can all play. And for a 4th round pick if that’s what it turns into long term I’m fine with that return.

he brings an element of physicality that’s a welcome addition no doubt.

there’s only a couple guys on this team I’m already a thumbs down on.

im just not convinced he’s a long term starter. I am convinced he’s quality right guard depth at least though and active depth and that’s a plus. Cause we need a top 7 at least that can all play. And for a 4th round pick if that’s what it turns into long term I’m fine with that return.

he brings an element of physicality that’s a welcome addition no doubt.

there’s only a couple guys on this team I’m already a thumbs down on.

I disagree here, I do think Kindley has long term potential. I watched almost all of his tape at UGA and yeah he's got A LOT to improve on, but he's got the potential to be a long term starter

Back
Top Bottom