Throw Pat Devlin into the Dolphin Tank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throw Pat Devlin into the Dolphin Tank

UltimaKilo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I really think we should throw the kid into the game and see what he can do. It's cheaper than going after anyone and thus, a win-win situation. If he sucks, we get Luck... If he's alright, we can use him as a backup in the future. He knows the system and has the bye to get ready. Thought?

Almost exactly my thoughts on tanking, has to be Pat running at the helms! And at the same, I have this damn annoying jc penney ad covering half my screen, gorgeous! Ok what I meant to say is at the same time, if he actulaly does something, he can get bumped up in madden, cause man I can't even win with them virtually, we suck that bad =/ ..

yep. I think we should activate him and put him behind Matt and look for another QB to sign or trade for as insurance. Henne won't be back.

Preaching to the choir! A bunch of late-developing unexpected, uncharacteristic occurences kept him off the draft board and dropped him in our laps despite our braintrusts' efforts to avoid fresh QB blood. The stars aligning just so were Karmic. At this point we have little to lose (well maybe not Tony and Jeff) and lots to gain if those comparisons to Brady while Devlin was in college hold true (and the Steelers and Belicheat thought enough of him at Delaware to monitor him).

I'm all for seeing what this kid has got if anything.

I would LOVE to see this kid get a chance to show us what he is worth. I am one that thinks he could show up, he has got to have a huge chip on his shoulder right now and ready to show something. If not, who cares....we would be no worse for the wear.

Im on board...But nothing I have seen this bunch do over the last 4 years tells me they will have enough common sense to let Devlin see the field to see what he can do.

I don't understand why people think that a rookie who went undrafted, released and not signed by any other team, then placed on our practice squad, is going to step in and start winning games for us. Not to mention our biggest problem is not at QB in the first place.

The only reason it would make sense to start him is because you are on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon, otherwise, where is the logic?

I don't understand why people think that a rookie who went undrafted, released and not signed by any other team, then placed on our practice squad, is going to step in and start winning games for us. Not to mention our biggest problem is not at QB in the first place.

The only reason it would make sense to start him is because you are on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon, otherwise, where is the logic?

I don't know of anyone who said the he would come in and start winning us games. I said, and have heard only to give him a chance and see.

This. I think he missed the point. Nobody thinks this kid is going to turn this team around, but many of us want to see what he can do. At very least, maybe he can become a serviceable (and cheaper) backup.

It's not about winning through Devlin. It's about evaluating the kid to determine his value in next year's plan.

whats the worst that could happen?
win us a couple games?
he seems to hang unto the ball too long
he is accurate though
behind this line devlin would be hurt in a couple games

I like this idea....I mean it wouldnt hurt to give em a shot...he looked good in college...I think he might surprise us all if givin a shot

Back
Top Bottom