Throwback Game?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throwback Game??

DcRy82

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is just a something i thought about recently and was wondering what others thought and if it could ever be possible.....

What would you think of a throwback game for one game a year where Miami plays a home game at the orange bowl wearing their old '72 uniforms? i think that would be sweet. and it could be like a reunion game for the 72 team or those who are still around from it. i think it would bring in a lot of money and would be a fun event.

almost as vivid as yours thinkin we will get R. Brown, M. Jones, and Jason Campbell in the draft...hahahaha just jokin man. it was just a thought.

A few years ago

DcRy82 said:
This is just a something i thought about recently and was wondering what others thought and if it could ever be possible.....

What would you think of a throwback game for one game a year where Miami plays a home game at the orange bowl wearing their old '72 uniforms? i think that would be sweet. and it could be like a reunion game for the 72 team or those who are still around from it. i think it would bring in a lot of money and would be a fun event.

A few years ago, right before Marino retired, the Dolphins did play one of the intrasquad games in the Orange Bowl. If I recall, the place was packed. It brought young and old fans - many who can't get to or afford the games at Dolphins Stadium (and wanted to see Marino) and some who were there to reminisce.

Fritz27 said:
I'm sure H. Wayne is really interested in losing one game's worth of revenue.

:roflmao:

You laugh but it is the most probable reason for a "real" game (pre-season or regular) not to be played at the OB. Wayne owns the stadium, Parking, souveneirs AND Concessions at Dolphin Stadium. He would lose all that revenue plus would probably have to dish out $$$$ to rent the OB. Just won;t happen. Now a inter-squad practice game during TC where the City of Miami charges a few bucks for fans to watch would be more possible.

damn, i didnt know i was gonna get ripped for this. i just thought it would be cool, i wasnt thinking about money aspects or anything like that or even say that it would happen or that it was even probabable and thats why i said "is it possible?" i just thought it would be neat, and something different. and no dolfreak, your draft wishes will NEVER happen. sorry again for thinking of something different that hasnt been posted on this board 5 million times in the past 2 months.

DcRy82 said:
damn, i didnt know i was gonna get ripped for this. i just thought it would be cool, i wasnt thinking about money aspects or anything like that or even say that it would happen or that it was even probabable and thats why i said "is it possible?" i just thought it would be neat, and something different. and no dolfreak, your draft wishes will NEVER happen. sorry again for thinking of something different that hasnt been posted on this board 5 million times in the past 2 months.

I've had enough! Take it to the arcade you two! :fire:

They still have arcades? I haven't seen one in years.

Back
Top Bottom