Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!!

Agreed! I think Hill(moreso) than Waddle should be situational only.

I say Hill because watchin Waddle last season made me think his style isn't the best for PR at the NFL level.

Instead of catching and "go" he has this lingering waiting for something to open up then GO!

IMO, The best returners force the action and cause lanes to open up.
waddle returned a lot of kicks last year and we never really saw one pop so you might be right..

Imo a good returner sees the whole field and then cuts it up in angles, mostly slighly slanted angles.

Devin hester was the best..

waddle returned a lot of kicks last year and we never really saw one pop so you might be right..

Imo a good returner sees the whole field and then cuts it up in angles, mostly slighly slanted angles.

Hester and to a lesser extent Hall just weren't human. Hall is the only guy I've ever seen hop step backwards during a play to make two defenders whiff and smash into one another. Flat out crazy agility on both guys.

It's about FORCING those angles. Look at Ginn, Grant etc. They catch and run...

Waddle...sorts Waddles waiting for something to develop and THEN tries to accelerate.

That won't work at this level.

Hester and to a lesser extent Hall just weren't human. Hall is the only guy I've ever seen hop step backwards during a play to make two defenders whiff and smash into one another. Flat out crazy agility on both guys.

Trash! So many block in the back with Hall that were never called.

If you think about it that makes sense. You're blocking for a guy that does so many change of directions. How could you not block in the back/hold etc?

Trash! So many block in the back with Hall that were never called.

If you think about it that makes sense. You're blocking for a guy that does so many change of directions. How could you not block in the back/hold etc?

Yeah, I think a bit after his time they started to emphasize blocks in the back more on special teams.

It used to be if it was even close most of the time they'd let it go. Now if it's close it's a flag

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Not much else to it. What do you want more than accuracy and catchable throws? His arm strength is good. But he is a weapon with the accuracy combined with the arm strength he has. He can make all the throws but more importantly, when he makes them, they can be caught.
Yep being Caught in stride is huge. Makes a big difference with a deep pass being a td or 80 yard gain vs a deep pass that’s 35 yards and that's it. Same for other passes

Last edited:
It's about FORCING those angles. Look at Ginn, Grant etc. They catch and run...

Waddle...sorts Waddles waiting for something to develop and THEN tries to accelerate.

That won't work at this level.
Sure force the angles as you are cutting the field upfield

That’s what Hester did

Life is about clicks and likes now sadly. Nobody can admit they were wrong just hoping the players or person fails so THEY can be right.

The league and its media should want all players to succeed it means a better sport. Fanbases hating is nothing new but a national media narrative is a little much
Truth!!!

Back
Top Bottom