Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!!

Do I think he's being 100% truthful here? Probably not.

I think we're seeing McDaniel's attitude towards Tua. Very positive, all the time in public. And honestly its a breath of fresh air compared to the previous staff. McDaniel knows he has a young guy who has been through a lot of professional adversity these last couple years and he's doing his best to change the perception surrounding Tua. I can't wait to see the results on the field.
Just wondering, but why after all of the comments from players and coaches do you feel this way?

Brian Daboll said that most guys have "door accuracy" but that Tua has "key hole" accuracy.

How many NFL personal are going to tell you how accurate Tua is before you believe them?

Just wondering, but why after all of the comments from players and coaches do you feel this way?

Brian Daboll said that most guys have "door accuracy" but that Tua has "key hole" accuracy.

How many NFL personal are going to tell you how accurate Tua is before you believe them?

Let’s hope he has it to all fields like he did in college

I was totally wrong about the Holland pick. I wanted the wr that Carolina picked in the 2nd round but Holland is such a better player. I'm so glad we got him. I haven't bought a jersey in forever but if he has a dominant year this year I might buy his jersey

Full show

Mcdaniel is so witty lol. His funny quips are just effortless and just shows how quick his mind processes things. Tell her "half thank you". But yeah, I like listening to him and I hope things work out as I like the way he just breaks things down.

I was totally wrong about the Holland pick. I wanted the wr that Carolina picked in the 2nd round but Holland is such a better player. I'm so glad we got him. I haven't bought a jersey in forever but if he has a dominant year this year I might buy his jersey

Agreed.

I was a big Moehrig guy.

He's having a solid career so far also. But it appears Miami truly got a special player.

If only Miami traded up for Moehrig, not Eich.

This secondary would be legendary.

Now, they're just epic. Lol

Did Brock Marion play with Sammy Knight?
I'm forgetting my Timelines.

Did we at one point have a secondary of Marion, Knight, Surtain and Madison?

His body isn’t built to run between the tackles like deebo can but yea I’ll take tyreek all day.
What do u mean? Reek is thick and strong with a low center of gravity. He can do anything including run through the tackles.

Agreed! Just curious how much touches is he going to get doing that. Also how does his body hold up taking those hits throughout the season?

Can afford to get your big plan guy banged up.

Thanks fully, we have a better overall receiving group this year compared to last year. Nonetheless don’t want to lose anyone.
You can’t hit what you can’t catch

His body isn’t built to run between the tackles like deebo can but yea I’ll take tyreek all day.

And well you should.

Deebo was undoubtedly great last season, but really only has produced the one great season.

Meanwhile Tyreek has been great for the past 5+ seasons. And affects the game in a way Deebo and pretty much no other playmaker can.

Also, as much as I dig Deebo Samuel and his game and like to watch him play -- how long can he last (and produce at a high level) playing so physically??

We've seen the likes of Rob Gronkowski and George Kittle wear and break down being dependent upon playing physically and those guys are TE's weighing 40-50 pounds more than Deebo.

I just don't see Deebo's style sustaining in the long term.

Tyreek doesn't take near as many hits and punishment and should have a lot more staying power.

I say Hill because watchin Waddle last season made me think his style isn't the best for PR at the NFL level.

Instead of catching and "go" he has this lingering waiting for something to open up then GO!

IMO, The best returners force the action and cause lanes to open up.

waddle returned a lot of kicks last year and we never really saw one pop so you might be right..

One, he was a rookie. Two, he still wasn't 100% right coming back from his ankle injury.

Let's see how he looks this season more healthy and with more confidence with an entire season of experience under his belt.

Maybe I should have watched the video before commenting. Seems like McDaniel was referring specifically to lefty QBs.

But my original point was I tend not to believe or take at face value when people talk in absolutes. One thing to say Tua is incredibly accurate, or one or the most accurate in the league. Another thing to say that he is more accurate than every hall of fame QB McDaniel has viewed in his lifetime, e.g. Drew Brees.

Back
Top Bottom