Thursday's Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday's Camp Report

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Fiedler looks like he has shaken the rust off and was clearly the better quarterback today. Jay seemed to make his claim to the starting job. His passes were sharp and on targer, especially early. He hit on his 1st 4-5 reps and looked decisive in his throws.

Feeley continues to struggle and especially falls apart when the D applies pressure and he has to hurry or scramble. His first pass he overthrew RW coming out of the backfield. Feeley definitely needs time in our system to get comfortable and show what he can do, but thus far, he has shown very little…

TimBo was absent (hard to miss these days)
Boston & Eddie Moore dressed but didn’t practice. Moore did some solo drills and again looked comfortable running.

They started practice with field goal kicking and Mare was true on every kick from about 30 yards out. He was kicking into the very narrow arena league type goal posts. On one rep #50 jumped offsides and the coach yelled at him ‘No Penalties! No Penalties!, it’s 4th and 4, they got you by the nutz’

After field goal work, they spent the rest of the practice on the 2 minute drill, and kept down & distance as they tried to score with a running clock. They also practiced hurrying to the line after a play to quickly get another play off or to spike it and stop the clock.

Fiedler and Feeley got 1 drive each.1 going in from the other team’s 45 with 90 seconds and 1 timeout, and 1 from their 30 with 30 seconds and no time outs.

Neither QB moved the ball effectively and no scores. The D stopped them every time. I don’t think either QB got inside the 20 yard line. Feeley did have one nice pass to the endzone, but #83 Simmons couldn’t make the leaping catch that looked like he could have come down with for a TD. I didn’t see it too well, it could have been #82 Newson, but it was definately a nice throw by Feeley and clearly his best of the practice. Should have been a TD!

They ran a few more running plays this morning and both RW and Minor looked good running the ball, but without pads and limited contact, it’s had to judge…

JT gave Smith fits again right from the 1st play where he got a sack on Fiedler

With Boston out, #88 Thompson was the #2 WR and made a very good showing. Had several nice catches.

#83 Simmons - got more reps with Boston out today and had a nice catch early but then 2 drops.

#82 Newson - had a couple of catches quietly – nothing spectacular

Photos Click Here

Videos Click Here

Great write-up, I forgot to mention Thompson you're right he really looked good out there, but let's not forget he is always a preaseason wonder.

Thanks For All The Updates, Do You Feel That Feely Is Better Grasping The Offense? Does He Still Have Jitters?

Im saying this now but i dont want this to happen
1.Fiedler
2.Feeley
3.Rosenfels
I really dont like Fiedler at starter but its going to happen unless Feeley can shake of his jitters

Good descriptions on the videos and what to look for in them Dude. I'm really impressed with Fiedler. He seems to have good pocket presence. That one when Surtain goes in unblocked Fiedler felt him and ran away even though it was his blind side. That would have been a sure fumble by Greise last year. Wade Smith is also having abvious trouble. The Sack By Zack is because he didn't know who to block. The Sack By Taylor lined up in the Cobra formation also blew Wade Smith away. Wade got alot of praise last year I think undeservidly. The positive is the line looks really good run blocking. If they improve that aspect and give Fiedler just a bit more time I believe our Offense can be much improved. Feeley looks completely lost. He doesn't look like a starting QB.

Even if Fiedler continues to look better and gets the starting job, all is not lost. I think this staff will continue to work with Feeley so he will be ready if Fiedler gets hurt again this year or if Fiedler struggles. Just imagine if we had somebody good in 2002 or 2003 to fill in when the time came. Feeley can at least be that fill in guy. :)

Thanks for report dude.

hahha Thompson is the best example of what I am always saying... can't put too much stock in the preseason, especially the camp practices!!!

Feilder should be playing the position better than Feely. Feilder is a tough QB with a lot of heart and we all know he isn't going to just give the job to Feely. He should set the standard in May. Besides it doesn't matter what Feely looks like in May. It only matters what Feely looks like in August...

Ross said:
Feilder should be playing the position better than Feely. Feilder is a tough QB with a lot of heart and we all know he isn't going to just give the job to Feely. He should set the standard in May. Besides it doesn't matter what Feely looks like in May. It only matters what Feely looks like in August...

My point exactly brother! As long as A.J. plays better come August, then he will be the starter. With the investment that Spielman made on A.J., it's just hard not to imagine that Rick will give Wanny an ultimatum to start A.J.

Back
Top Bottom