Thursday's Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday's Camp Report

If AJ plays better than jay in August, There will be no need for Wanny to receive an Ultamatum. beside Rick doesn't have that kind of power of who plays and who doesn't. It's still wanny's call on who starts and who doesn't...

Kasauni said:
Thanks For All The Updates, Do You Feel That Feely Is Better Grasping The Offense? Does He Still Have Jitters?
I think that Feeley just needs some time. He flashes great throws in between the off ones and just looks uncomfortable out there more then anything else. He seems to have the tools and hopefully can workout the kinks before training camp starts so he can give Fiedler a real battle for the job.

Sherif said:
Good descriptions on the videos and what to look for in them Dude. I'm really impressed with Fiedler. He seems to have good pocket presence. That one when Surtain goes in unblocked Fiedler felt him and ran away even though it was his blind side. That would have been a sure fumble by Greise last year. Wade Smith is also having abvious trouble. The Sack By Zack is because he didn't know who to block. The Sack By Taylor lined up in the Cobra formation also blew Wade Smith away. Wade got alot of praise last year I think undeservidly. The positive is the line looks really good run blocking. If they improve that aspect and give Fiedler just a bit more time I believe our Offense can be much improved. Feeley looks completely lost. He doesn't look like a starting QB.
:up:

Ross said:
Feilder should be playing the position better than Feely. Feilder is a tough QB with a lot of heart and we all know he isn't going to just give the job to Feely. He should set the standard in May. Besides it doesn't matter what Feely looks like in May. It only matters what Feely looks like in August...
Exactly, Feely hasnt even had a week with this team, its gonna take some time, but in August it still looks like this, then that is bad news for Feeley,, lets give him time to get comfortable, he's probably still unpacking boxes ! :lol:

Jimmy James said:
Even if Fiedler continues to look better and gets the starting job, all is not lost. I think this staff will continue to work with Feeley so he will be ready if Fiedler gets hurt again this year or if Fiedler struggles. Just imagine if we had somebody good in 2002 or 2003 to fill in when the time came. Feeley can at least be that fill in guy. :)

I don't see it that way. I think Feeley has to REALLY put the screws to Jay, force him to work hard to keep starting. If your only incentive to perform is not to get fired, that's all you'll do. Just enough not to get canned. I think he could have been better last season IF he felt his job was in danger every time he screwed-up. Once Griese was no longer a threat, I don't think he played as well as he could have. :mad:

Jay hat'erz have at me. :yell:

I still like Feeley over Jay because what we see now out of Jay is about what we see in September through December. What we see now in Feeley should be nowhere near what we see in September through December. There will be some bumps in the road this season for Feeley, as a new starter, but that doesn't mean he won't lead us to victory.

templarwd said:
I don't see it that way. I think Feeley has to REALLY put the screws to Jay, force him to work hard to keep starting. If your only incentive to perform is not to get fired, that's all you'll do. Just enough not to get canned.

I see that you graduated from the Office Space school of philosophy. :lol:

I think he could have been better last season IF he felt his job was in danger every time he screwed-up. Once Griese was no longer a threat, I don't think he played as well as he could have. :mad:

Jay hat'erz have at me. :yell:

Well, that's really kind of my point. Griese wasn't a threat, but I think AJ will at least be that. If Jay sucks it up to the tune of 140/0/3, he'll have to consider whether he'll be starting the 4th quarter or next week...

ckparrothead said:
I still like Feeley over Jay because what we see now out of Jay is about what we see in September through December. What we see now in Feeley should be nowhere near what we see in September through December. There will be some bumps in the road this season for Feeley, as a new starter, but that doesn't mean he won't lead us to victory.

Actually Parrot, I've been going to camps for years and Jay has always looked good in padless camps. 2 years ago he looked so good that even though I went into that camp absolutely against him as our QB, I came out convinced that Fiedler had made a lot of progress and could really be a positive in our offense. His passes were almost all right on the mark and he looked great. The games started for real and you end up seeing the same old Fiedler..... inconsistent and inacurate. I think what you see now is better than what we get in Sept. - Dec. with Jay. Minicamps truly do mean nothing as far as I'm concerned. I've seen players that absolutely light up the field in minicamps that never make the roster. I think Jay is one of those guys whose a great practice player and mediocre player when it matters.

Heck if Mini camp performances equated into game performances Jay Fiedler and Robert Baker would have both been all pro's and the next Montana to Rice duo. That hasn't exactly happened though so I'll take mini camps with a grain of salt.

34RWilliams said:
Im saying this now but i dont want this to happen
1.Fiedler
2.Feeley
3.Rosenfels
I really dont like Fiedler at starter but its going to happen unless Feeley can shake of his jitters

:lol: im sorry i have to laugh. its early may. :lol:

templarwd said:
If your only incentive to perform is not to get fired, that's all you'll do. Just enough not to get canned. I think he could have been better last season IF he felt his job was in danger every time he screwed-up. Once Griese was no longer a threat, I don't think he played as well as he could have. :mad:

If this is the case then you are taking one of the biggest arguments FOR Jay away from him. Everyone on here references his "heart" and "desire" to win as being enough for him to overcome any of his shortcomings.

Your claim above would go directly against that thought process.
There is nothing worse than a player who plays just enough to keep his job and NO player that would ever achieve top levels has that attitude unless he's just an absolut phenom.... See Randy Moss. I think we can all agree that Jay is NOT equal in talent to the QB position as Randy Moss is to the WR position.

So which is it? Is Jay a lazy and noncompetitive player with the talent to be a top level QB or is Jay a gutty guy who overcomes some pretty big shortcomings with pure heart instead of talent.

I'd have to go with the latter.

You can knock Jay on many things..... and I do... :lol: however I don't think you can knock his competitive spirit unless everything we've read about him from coaches and teammates has been untrue.

Again you come through with great updates! Can't thank you enough, but please keep them coming!

Was there mini camp today at all and if so any news on it?

finregime said:
Was there mini camp today at all and if so any news on it?
Nope, next camp is 5/18.

Back to reality for a week... :goof:

Back
Top Bottom