Tidbits From Jlc On Radio 960 Calgary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tidbits From Jlc On Radio 960 Calgary

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
JLC was just on radio said that Arizona gets an “F” in their handling of Rosen

Screwing him over running wiping out his trade capital

Miami he said got the extra second and Rosen for a #62 - he said that was the Bengals miss - as they got a Qb early 4th rd.

Said Miami is not deterred getting what they want next year by picking up Rosen with a second - in fact Miami can use their “likely” early first next year and sell it to a Qb starved team if Miami thinks Rosen is the guy

Should Miami want a new QB in 2020 JLC says they can likely trade Rosen and his team friendly contract (only 23 yrs old) to another Qb starved franchise for something valuable like a pick in 2020 or 2021

He said where Miami is right now looking at the 2020 draft and all the compensation picks is real real good

This is the first time in 6 years that JLC has anything remotely positive to say about Miami

Last edited:
I totally agree that having Rosen will not prevent us from drafting a QB high in 2020 if we need to. Some people think having Rosen means we won't draft another QB but that's not true imo. I think the fact we kept Tannehill for 7 years have everyone thinking that we're stuck with one QB for 7 more years even if we can't win with him. Flores comes from NE and he seems to know the value of drafting QB's even if you have a good one on hand.

JLC also said at the tail end of interview that the owner finally gets that 8-8 or 9-7 will not get this team out of the division (hence the dismantle)

Said Miami is not deterred getting what they want next year by picking up Rosen with a second - in fact Miami can use their “likely” early first next year and sell it to a Qb starved team if Miami thinks Rosen is the guy

Should Miami want a new QB in 2020 JLC says they can likely trade Rosen and his team friendly contract (only 23 yrs old) to another Qb starved franchise for something valuable like a pick in 2020 or 2021

He said where Miami is right now looking at the 2020 draft and all the compensation picks is real real good

This is the first time in 6 years that JLC has anything remotely positive to say about Miami

You're infatuation with getting the number 1 pick in 2020 is becoming dangerously unhealthy.

So this could end up being another Arizona situation in 2020? So he thinks the Dolphins won't keep Rosen if they draft a QB in the 1st round next year? I could see them keeping both QB's in that situation. I doubt Rosen would have much value at that point.

If Rosen doesn't play well this year in Miami, he will have little value on the market.

Exactly so they would probably be stuck with him even as a backup to a new QB in 2020.

You're infatuation with getting the number 1 pick in 2020 is becoming dangerously unhealthy.
I never once said we were getting the
No. 1 pick - here is where reading competency would help you a great deal - we are trying to be at the top of the division in 3 years - how they do that is beyond me - I can’t read the future

Coming from the guy who would strip the team of draft picks for putting a less than product on the field -
Sorry we bypassed on your QB of choice tho

Last edited by a moderator:

People still listen to JLC....:shrug:

I too agree with everything that's said. But Miami has to be very careful with Rosen. Obviously if he's bad then there's no question. But if he proves anywhere from good to something higher then it creates a cautionary tale. Will his performance sustain longterm? Can Miami afford to still not draft the best QB prospect if he's available?

Something I didn't consider until i just read it. But the draft value of a TOP 5 pick lfor a team that may need to come up to our spot. Can you imagine Miami being able trade out of the pick and add some combinations of #1's,#2's,#3's to the 2020 draft and beyond?

Amazing how well Grier seems to be set up for success no matter what. Even if Rosen does the Tannehill Tease and they’re not 100% sure he’s the guy, they should be able to flip him for a 2021 2nd rounder and trade whatever picks necessary to move up and get their QB.

Great point if Rosen isn't the guy...little/questionable trade value.
But maybe something mid-round, or even late, depending on how bad he would bomb. Maybe a team like the Chargers would throw a bone to sit on him for a couple of years, Rivers' status pending.

But with QB's, I HATED this trade at first, especially with McCoy there at 48, but it's grown on me since- you have to take chances, and part of taking chances is doing what Miami did, as well as going after them and going after them until you nail one. Can't nail one if you don't pick one. You can't beat taking this chance at that value. Period. And I also think this year's draft, as well as trying to nab some guys for this year(duh) was to set up for next year and potentially set us up for down the road. If Rosen's the man and we finish with a high pick, we could own next year's draft (imagine if we trade down too) ...we could have 15 picks.

Amazing how well Grier seems to be set up for success no matter what. Even if Rosen does the Tannehill Tease and they’re not 100% sure he’s the guy, they should be able to flip him for a 2021 2nd rounder and trade whatever picks necessary to move up and get their QB.
Yah I am not buying a Rosen jersey I feel he could easily be a chip - or his presence will allow us to bypass QBs to gain even more draft capital because this is still a 2-3 win team on paper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom