Tidbits From Jlc On Radio 960 Calgary | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tidbits From Jlc On Radio 960 Calgary

Well if Rosen does well then we can take advantage of the great WR draft next year or draft the next great DE. Rosen would have to hit it out of the park. Like 30 TDs 10 picks or so
Something to look forward to - if we trade out of the top ten we will get a real haul - if we stay in the top 10 we flip Rosen to a QB starved team

I hope he succeeds but I understand where Digital is coming from - at the end of three years we all should want a bonafide QB - no excuses

If Rosen doesn't play well this year in Miami, he will have little value on the market.
Thats a given, but there's a real possibility that he plays good ball and the Fins still end up with a top 10 draft position. At that point, the Fins would be in a great position with alot of options. Thats why I like the trade so much, its not that I think Rosen will actually play well, just that for the price they paid, it'd only need to happen 10% of the time(Im pulling odds out of my ass to make a point) for it to be profitable...

I'm not sure why some are saying Miami should trade him if he;s not starter material? The guy has a crazy cheap contract that Miami will control of a few years. If he's reasonably good then you keep him as a back-up. Let's not make the mistake that Arizona just did.

I'd have nothing against Rosen being the Fins backup for the remainder of his rookie contract. Though they'd have to figure if he'd be up for it, and if he was not, how much of a locker room problem it would be...

Well if Rosen does well then we can take advantage of the great WR draft next year or draft the next great DE. Rosen would have to hit it out of the park. Like 30 TDs 10 picks or so
That would be great. But he had more INT's than TD's, so that's not realistic. Obviously we would all love him to become a great QB. But, more likely is a mediocre season of improvement … and people falling in love with the prospect of more improvement and missing the window for top notch QB's in the 2020 draft.

That would be great. But he had more INT's than TD's, so that's not realistic. Obviously we would all love him to become a great QB. But, more likely is a mediocre season of improvement … and people falling in love with the prospect of more improvement and missing the window for top notch QB's in the 2020 draft.
This was the risk acquiring him and why my heart palpitated a bit - but the asset is what it is - we have to remove feelings

I don’t see anything that resembles a winning Roster - but if he can perform under these circumstances then I have to hand it to him as Ryan certainly could not

If he plays well with a chip on his shoulder we may have something

He is then an asset for another pick

Like i said I wouldn’t buy his jersey lol

A lot of these posts assume a static performance by QB's with no consideration for either growth or regression.

Some of them do stall when the get into the NFL, some regress for any number of reasons and a special few grow and never regress. My basic point is there is usually a constant change going on of some sort during a QB's time in the NFL.

Matt Moore once said that a backup QB is always only one play away from getting on the field and they need to be ready. I would extend his remark to point out that every QB on the field is only one play away from leaving the field.

I feel we should never underestimate the value of a competent backup QB. Every backup QB can be considered either a player who has reached his limits, but can play effectively, or a player that is undergoing growth. Where that growth leads to is tough to predict because coaches tend to favor experience on game day. This means a backup QB needs to wait for an opportunity to get on the field or demonstrate a lot of growth at his the next training camp.

All this is happening while new draftees are being brought in every few years "just for competitions sake".

A lot of these posts assume a static performance by QB's with no consideration for either growth or regression.

Some of them do stall when the get into the NFL, some regress for any number of reasons and a special few grow and never regress. My basic point is there is usually a constant change going on of some sort during a QB's time in the NFL.

Matt Moore once said that a backup QB is always only one play away from getting on the field and they need to be ready. I would extend his remark to point out that every QB on the field is only one play away from leaving the field.

I feel we should never underestimate the value of a competent backup QB. Every backup QB can be considered either a player who has reached his limits, but can play effectively, or a player that is undergoing growth. Where that growth leads to is tough to predict because coaches tend to favor experience on game day. This means a backup QB needs to wait for an opportunity to get on the field or demonstrate a lot of growth at his the next training camp.

All this is happening while new draftees are being brought in every few years "just for competitions sake".
Agreed. But progression doesn't typically go from 1 to 10 in one jump. It is reasonable to assume that a rookie will have a rough year, and to some extent it can be written off almost regardless of how rough it was. With the exception of Baker Mayfield, all of the other 3 QB's had some version of a rough season, and we assume progression for all 4 just as we do for all young QB's. What we don't know is how far they will progress and how fast it will happen. I think its fair to debate these points based on what we know. Reasonable minds may disagree as to how that projects.

How many times does Grier have to say getting Rosen doesn't stop them from doing anything next season.

Hes said it twice now, Rosen is NOT stopping Miami from looking into 2020 QBs. Stop with they hysteria.

How many times does Grier have to say getting Rosen doesn't stop them from doing anything next season.

Hes said it twice now, Rosen is NOT stopping Miami from looking into 2020 QBs. Stop with they hysteria.
He probably keeps saying it because of the idiots that keep screaming *DERP* OH NO NOW DA DOLPHINS WONT TAKE TUA NEXT YEAR *DERP*.

The bar needs to be set very high to not pick a top QB next year. Rosen needs to absolutely light it up

The bar needs to be set very high to not pick a top QB next year. Rosen needs to absolutely light it up
I agree and I feel this should be what we do each and every year. Set the bar and see if there is a QB draft prospect who can meet or beat it. We should be doing this at every position. This is how a team :
1) Gets relevant
2) Stays relevant.

You were 100% we are going to tank in 2019 and win 0-1 games two weeks ago.

Why else would you think or want to win 0 - 1 games. For the number 1 quarterback.

My opionion is we aren't going to tank and we're going to win 3-5 games and use draft picks to move up for the best 2020 QB in reach. Not neccessarily Tua but the QB we want and are able to trade for.

I can prove anything going back and finding your quotes very easily.

Find the very quote - and good luck

Let me point it out again I never said we were looking at a first overall

And yes we are prepared to tank - and this is clear because we jettison rather than add players - we have draft capital and they can use it how they feel - and no I don’t care if you think you can find things that in your head

Rosen is a good deal it doesn’t mean wins off the hop - I hope for success I hope to be a top the division in 3 years for a decade or more

rev kev, Apr 20, 2019
Yes yes an

Yes we will miss them but Cam the most

And this is a 1 maybe 0 win team on paper

This is a critical tank job

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's definitely a win for Miami even if Rosen isn't the guy. If he is, then the team could possibly trade down next year and start stockpiling picks.

Nice for a change that the Dolphins weren't fleeced in a trade!

Y A W N

- I assure you we are set up to sign a QB next season - Rosen fell in our laps - possibly found money - I hope he is good but the pieces around him say he has an uphill battle - and I did think we were a one win team at the time of this post - based on what was on paper - after the draft 2 or 3 wins at best - but it will be difficult and as you can’t read I will point out where did I say we wanted “first overall” or needed first OA? Oh and you are a bore

So keep looking where I said that we needed or wanted the first overall

Some people just can’t read

Back
Top Bottom