Tidbits of Information and Dependence on other Team PR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tidbits of Information and Dependence on other Team PR

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have noticed a pattern that is developing as a result of all the media control. I have followed this board since its inception and I have never seen the extent of reliance on any tidbit of information that can be gotten from other media circles of other teams. It is a true reflection of the level of control Saban has taken over information.

I am not sure, however, if such trends are increasing or decreasing my interest in obtaining information. It may be that it increases the desire to get information, but creates major letdowns in terms of actual content. It may be that the content was so interesting in the past that such may be yet another justification that Saban had to do something.

I will say that my interest in the draft has increased, but it is the unknown that increases such interest and not any revealing facts. A toast to the unknown.

Lee2000

wow Lee your name should be

lee3000 bc you are from another world! :eek: :roflmao:

just imagine that us 'fans' barely have a "real" clue as to what direction he's leaning (although we 'think' we can narrow it down to a whopping 3 positions....that involves 7 minimum players).....what do other GMs think? :) That's part of the point and as annoying as it may be that Saban hasn't said "xxx is our top priority in the draft and boy....this guy's going to be our man...." it is refreshing that we DON'T have a clue....and neither does any other team. That will benefit us.

here here... i'll drink to the unknown.

It's a actually a great post. You are right that the reliance on tidbits has grown greatly. Any minor reference to anything in a Post, Herald or Sentinel article is swallowed up and examined very closely.

It increases interest. Especially in the draft. Wanny probably would have come out by now and said 'we will draft either... or... because one of them will be there'. Consequently, it's more interesting for us. I've enjoyed many conversations debating who is better out of Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams, notably with HVACservice, but I can't really see us drafting a WR but I don't have a clue what Saban is thinking.

I know exactly who it is........Its Alex Smith QB Utah.

I am just hoping and praying that we trade our 1st round pick to the Jets for Jay. We need a QB :D

TARHEEL38 said:
I am just hoping and praying that we trade our 1st round pick to the Jets for Jay. We need a QB :D
:shakeno: :lol:

Slightly overstated

mia4ever said:
wow Lee your name should be

lee3000 bc you are from another world! :eek: :roflmao:
I realize I may have slightly overstated myself there. It is good to laugh at yourself. :roflmao: :confused: :shakeno:

TARHEEL38 said:
:abduct: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, a coach wanted a quarterback named Jay. But the quarterback he wanted was abducted by aliens, and replaced by an inmate at the Intra-Galactic Asylum for the Athletically Challenged, who was exiled to Terra for a cure for his obviously aberrant psychic delusions. Upon the completion of the term at the penal institute (Terra - USA - Miami) the patient was later referred to another more difficult institution, the New York Jests, errr, Yets, errr. Jets, with the hope that the shock therapy inherent in that system would improve the patients possibility for a recovery and a full capacity to recognize limitations.

Back
Top Bottom